23 April 2012

It's Mr T...(ea)time


Hey all,

Mr T..(ea)time
I posted on twitter yesterday that I made a franken polish  and the lovely Miss Theodora from redhairandblacknailpolish asked to see some pictures.  I had some left over miss sport clear polish that I never use anymore. It was nearly empty so I added in some No7 clear polish (this polish is awful! Bubbles and never dries. Grrr I am so glad I never pay full price for these polishes). I mixed in a really old body dust powder that I got free in a magazine about 10 years ago? I never used it but it looked so pretty in the bottle so it seemed a shame to throw it out.
I didn’t measure any of these quantities mainly because I thought it would be a complete failure haha. That’s confidence for you right there!
Anyway, for these swatches I used my usual stargazer base coat. On my index finger I just used Mr T..(ea) time, on my middle finger I have 2 coats of Stargzer black, on my ring finger I have 2 coats of No7 white and lastly on my pinky finger I have 2 coats of Catrice I wear my sun glasses at night. As ye can tell (probably better than I can) It is a gold polish with tiny little glitters inside. It is sheer. I included some pictures of it on my naked-ish nail (I used a base coat). The first lot of pictures are without a top coat. The name stems from the legendary Mr T during his A-Team years. The kind of tarnished gold look of the polish reminded me of his chains and because it reminds me of teabag adverts so I combined the two....yeh I may have to rethink it haha.

Here are a lot of swatches:
No7 White

Catrice I wear my sunglasses at night
Up close shot of Catrice IWMSAN

One coat of Mr T..(ea)time

One coat of Mr T..(ea)time with Stargazer on on its own

Mr T..(ea)time over Catrice

2 coats of Mr T..(ea)time 

Better shot to show the glitters

Another group shot

In natural light

In sunlight with Catrice bottle

In sunlight with Stargazer bottle

Another with the Stargazer

With Mr T..(ea)time

Again with Mr T..(ea)time

Another in the sun (it's rare in Ireland so I made the most of it haha)

Last one without a top coat.

Are ye sick of it yet? Well here are some more with a topcoat!!!





So that's them all. I prefer it over Catrice IWMSAN. The Stargazer looks bumpy because the bottle is soooo old! I added so much nail varnish remover to ungloopify ( I know it's not a word but it works) it. It'll do me because I really don't want to throw it away. You can't buy them here anymore. I emailed them to ask but they never replied to little old me *sad face*. I really do not like it over white but I thought it would be a good way to show its true golden base.
What do ye all think of Mr T..(ea)time? Please be honest so I don't embarrass myself further by trying to do more haha. Ye can be as detailed as ye want :)

Cuti-CLUE-les


18 comments:

  1. I am officially in love with Mr T..(ea)time. It looks amazing over that black hun!
    Well done :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much! I'm really happy you like it.x

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous polish you have created! I would love to see more future frankens from you! Maybe with a little more confidence next time! haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I can't guarantee the confidence but I'll have a few more fraken posts popping up :)
      Glad you like it!

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I love it over the black polish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The black combination was my favourite too!

      Delete
  4. LOOOOOOOOVE it over the black! Great job on your franken!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Amazing over the black. I love how colours come alive like that. Over the white it just looks gold but over the black, wowza, I see gold, green, orange, etc. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! It is crazy how the colours change depending on the base colour.

      Delete
  6. I like it, especially over the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think black is a perfect match for this polish. Delighted you like it :)

      Delete
  7. I love how it looks over the dark polish! Too bad it's sheer cause it would be awesome on it's own! Please do more frankens! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed at how sheer it was. I'm glad it works well with other polish though. Otherwise M T..(ea)time would have gone down the sink :P
      I'm planning on doing my next one in a couple weeks. I need more clear polish asap haha.

      Delete
  8. hey hun I awarded you the sunshine award on my page, go check it out :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to do it : )

      Delete
  9. That looks stunning over black!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Definitely have to do a full mani with this over black.

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les