30 May 2012

Day 7 in the Summer Challenge house

Hey all!

Today's post was so hard to come up with. There are very few inspiring nail art ideas that are based on the sunshine already so I kept it simple :) Also this coincidentally goes along with Challenge 6 which I had a minor boo boo with :P


Challenge 7: Sunshine

Here is my sunshine gradient for today's challenge. I knew from the start that I wanted to use Catrice Birdy Reloaded for this challenge but I didn't want it to be just plain yellow. I'm quiet happy with the result although there are a few bald spots. I did this fairly quickly though so I've only myself to blame :P
I'm glad the sun was out for these pictures. I had loads taken during the evening and they looked really dull.




For this challenge I simply cut up a bit of sponge and painting on a stripe of Catrice Birdy reloaded. Then when all the nail were done I added another stripe of Nails inc Atomic on top and sponged that around the tips.

I think it look like a sunset here but this was taken in the evening so it wasn't as bright out.


Because I used a normal sponge it looks kind of bubbly up close but that doesn't bother me to much to be honest :) Now before ye think I've gone mental using Nails inc Atomic all the time I only have two orange nail polishes and the other one is quite sheer so I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I added on a layer of Essence quick dry topcoat to smooth down the slightly bumpy texture of the polish.


That's all there is to it :) This was a synch to remove by the way which was really handy for me as I'm running out of nail polish remover :P

Cuti-CLUE-les



21 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! So summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it :-) really pretty for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linzi! It was so nice when the sun was out :P

      Delete
  3. It's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do for a mani :D
    It's a really lovely sunshine mani, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome gradient, i actually do like the ones that look like they have texture to them, you definitely nailed it for this challenge in my book=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks!! I'm glad I got this one right haha

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous gradient, really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm delighted you like it :)

      Delete
  6. uuhh this looks good, I need to try practice my gradients!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna :D I'm really happy with all the positive feedback :)

      Delete
  8. This is such a beautiful gradient, very well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les