22 May 2012

Days 2 and 3 in the summer challenge house

Hey all,

So far so good posting wise :) Today I coincidentally managed to complete 2 challenge's in one go!

Challenge two: Chelsea Flower Show
Challenge three: Summer dots

I got my inspiration from a picture that was on google images from another site but it just vanished when I checked this post again :( I can't find the picture now so I think they took it down.

Here we have my chelsea flower show manicure. I'm not going to lie. I hate it! I hate wearing it so much that I have an "accent hand" with only the base colours on it an avoided doing this again.

I decided on doing an accent mainly because I thought the design was a bit "too" much to wear as a full mani. So glad I did because I love the combination of the green and orange on its own. I know they aren't normally two colours that you would put together but they are so bright and work so well.


 Anyway back to this "thing". I have stargazer 114 as my basecoat and 2 coats of Catrice Run forest run with and accent of Nails inc Atomic (free with Fabulous magazine around June of last year I think!) which was also 2 coats. On each nail I have alternating dots of the same colour but going in a pattern of light-dark-light-dark etc.
I used Purple,pink,green, peach, red and yellow but the yellow isn't all that visible. I created the dots using my dotting tools from ebay. I really have to work on them! it's been so long since I have dotted properly.



                                                                    Purple-light:Catrice lucky in lilac,
Dark: Catrice Plum play with me
Pink-Catrice Light:Miss piggy reloaded
Dark:Catrice raspberry fields forever
Green- Light: Stargazer 101
Dark:Catrice Run forest run
Peach- Light: Catrice Salmon and Garfunkel
Dark:Barry m Peach melba
Red-Light: Miss sporty Red tango
Dark: Catrice Caught on thered Carpet
Yellow- Light: Collection 2000 Lemon fizz
Dark: Catrice Birdy reloaded


I had visions of this coming out so much better but I am glad I found a new colour combination that I like! Always a silver lining to be found :)

What's yer favourite colour combination?


Cuti-CLUE-les

16 comments:

  1. WOW this must have taken ages to do :-) I love the accent colour, it really breaks it up so its not too busy! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It seriously takes like 5-10 minutes. You fly through them :)

      Delete
  2. this looks great, like little rows of flowers=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly it! it was way clearer when I had the picture I used for inspiration :( At least you still know what it is :D

      Delete
  3. I think my favourite colour combo is purple / silver. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that actually sounds really nice!!

      Delete
  4. This looks great, I especially like that your accent nail is just a simple colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I never do accent nails so I'm really glad it went with it for this mani

      Delete
  5. The idea with the accent nail is awesome! I really like how this turned out! I have a lot of color combos that I like, purple/turquoise is one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      Turquoise is one of my favourite colours!

      Delete
  6. Oh I love it! Such pretty colours, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les