13 May 2012

Guest post: Alexis!


Hey all!

Today I have a great surprise for ye! A while ago I asked if any one would like to guest blog for me and one of the first to reply was Alexis from xoxoalexisleigh.blogspot.com. I love her blog and she is such a nice person to talk to.I am so excited that she chose to do a stamping tutorial. I haven't got any stamping tools so it's something new for all of us! Here is the post she created especially for today:

Hi ladies! My name's Alexis and I'm so excited to be doing a guest post for you all today! When I saw that Cuti-CLUE-les was asking for guest bloggers I immediately became very excited, I love guest posts! So, I asked her if we could do guest posts for each other's blogs and well, now I'm here! Thanks you so much Cuti-CLUE-les, I love your blog and am extremely elated to be doing a post for you! I hope you all like it!

I was torn about what to do for my post but I finally decided on doing two looks featuring the same stamp. One look is a little bit sexier and has just little more going on and the other is really girly and flirty, perfect for spring since it features pastels! Let's start with the darker, more night time appropriate look...


Tools: Old shirt or paper towel, nail polish, stamper, scraper or old card, stamping plate, & scrap paper.



1. First paint your nails with your selected gold color

2. When nails are almost dry (slightly tacky) apply your gradient using this method, http://xoxoalexisleigh.blogspot.com/2012/05/ombre-nail-tutorial.html, with your red. Apply fast drying top coat to blend gradient and speed up drying time.

3. Now for the fun part! First, put down your scrap piece of paper so you don't get any extra polish on the surface of your table. Now, get out your plate (I used Konad plate m59, the lace strip) and apply a thin layer of polish to the image so that it cover the entire lace strip.

4. Next, get out your card or scraper and on an angle, scrape the card against the polished image. Wipe the excess polish from your card on your old shirt or paper towel.

We need to work quickly so the stamp doesn't dry so get out your stamp and roll it across the image like this:

5. Here's how the image should look on the stamp.

6. Quickly line up the image where you want it on your nail and roll it on.

7. Here's how it should look on the nail.

8. Repeat steps 3-6 on each nail, cleaning off the image plate with acetone between nails if needed (I only did it after one hand). Cleanup around the edges. And finally, apply a topcoat!


Colors Used: (gold) Franken 2 coats, (red) Maybelline Color Show - 260 Paint the Town, (black) Wet n' Wild - Black Creme, NYC In a New York Minute - topcoat 2 coats.




Now, I'm going to show you the flirty, spring-y look. Simply apply your base color and stamp on the lace strip using steps 3-8!


Colors Used: (base color) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Mint Sorbet 2 coats, (white) Wet n' Wild - French White Creme, NYC In a New York Minute - Topcoat 1 coat.


I hope you guys like these two manis I created for Cuti-CLUE-les! Thanks again so much for having me!


- xoxo Alexis Leigh 
 


I am so shocked and really appreciative of the amount of work Alexis put in this tutorial! I am so glad she came on to do a guest post and I hope ye will all go over and check out her blog! Also keep an eye out for my guest post ; ) The fist one is definitely my favourite! I love the gradient and the colours.


If anyone else would like to do a guest post them send me an email at cuticlueless@gmail.com or tweet me here:https://twitter.com/#!/CutiCLUEles

Cuti-CLUE-les

15 comments:

  1. I don't own any stamping plates etc either :O your not alone hehe! What a great guest post! & love the lace stamp that she chose. Amazing colours too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that is actually such a relief! It seems the whole blogging world owns them :P

      I totally agree Alexis did an amazing job :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Cuti-CLUE-les and Alexis for this post. I have been wanting to try out stamping but have been confused on the exact method and the necessary tools for it, but I def think I will go out and get myself a little kit! Veeeeery helpful and I'm liking the blog :) look forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh you are so nice! I know so many want to try stamping out (myself included) so I was delighted that Alexis went for a whole tutorial on it!

      Delete
  3. Aww thanks everyone! It's basically just getting the hang of it. The first few time I tried it it looked all crazy so just practice! Also, finding full nail stamps that fit the size of your full nail can be frustrating, konad plates are expensive but in my opinion the best. Be sure to do a little research before buying a kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I love the gradient look of this, the gold and red are so pretty with this. Reminds me of a sunset. The black lace looks great against this. Really fabulous look altogether~ Think I have this plate at home, will give it a go and following your own blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey, that's so sweet of you! I like it too :p

      Delete
    2. Can't wait to see what you come up with Audrey :)

      Delete
  5. I love this =] I'm still working on my stamping, I can't always get things to line up correctly! especially the stamps for your tips omg..

    Both of these look really great, I love the second one just because I love minty colors and the lace looks really dainty on top of it=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The minty colour is gorgeous!

      Stamping is hard but I'm sure you'll master it soon :)

      Delete
  6. I love the gold gradient! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, you guys are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les