10 May 2012

Hero of the day...

Hey all!

Hope yer all doing well. I officially finished college today! It was rough going and I'm exhausted. : (
To celebrate I decided to buy a few nail varnishes. Huge mistake! : P Replace the word "Few" with " A Lot"! I'll tell ye more about this in the next post ; ) This package is far more important : )

Last Sunday I was just after getting home from a trip to Dublin. My twitter followers will know the trouble I had with the nail art for this trip!! Again more information in the next few posts :P
Anyway, I logged on to my emails and noticed an email from the lovely Marianne from Rainbowify me (check out her blog, she has some of the best swatches !)  letting me know that i had won the second prize in her 100 follower giveaway!!!!! I read it four times just to make sure haha I was so ecstatic you wouldn't believe! This is actually my first ever giveaway win. Fun fact: Marianne was my 50th follower :D How cool is that?! I have thanked her so many times but still Thank you so much Marianne. This really made my week : )


So When I got home today I found a little envelope on my desk with the cutest stamp ever! I had to show ye.Isn't it adorable?. I actually didn't know what it was at first until I ripped (and I mean RIPPED!) it open and found these amazing polishes and a really sweet card:

 Woops another side note: The polishes were wrapped in bubble wrap and the butterflies are the tape! I have never seen anything like that in my life! Frickin amazing! The giveaway prize was 2 gosh polishes so I was so shocked to see that she had put in another one. I actually didn't see it at first. Just as I was throwing the paper in the bin I was like this envelope is seriously heavy haha thank god I double checked!





 First up is Gosh Vanilla ice (number 539). I haven't tried Gosh before (they cost like €8 here. so dear!) so I am really excited to try these out. This polish looks beautiful in the bottle. Vanilla ice is a pearly white polish. It is sheer but the colour is gorgeous. I love it!







 A little close up of the bottle. Doesn't it look amazing? The shimmer really shows up in person but it's a total pain to try and capture on my camera.




On to Gosh Golden Dragon (number 564). This is a beautiful green/gold/yellow polish mixture. Just looking at it in the bottle it is mesmerizing. I am a fan of green polishes so this is perfect for me! I love the way the colour shifts in the bottle.

A close up of the bottle really shows off the colours. I have this sitting on the desk beside me as I type and I can't stop loooking at all the patterns that form in the bottle :P





This is the surprise polish that Marianne included. I haven't heard of this brand before so this is another first for me! The colour is a little bit darker in person. This is a pink polish but it's not garish in any way shape of form. I love trying out new brands but I am also wary of buying them so, like the gosh polishes, I can't wait to try this on.







I am excited and really thankful to Marianne for sending me the package. I actually thought she was from America until I noticed the stamp said Denmark. I kid you not!  Lars Ulrich (part of Metallica, my favourite band!the blog title is one of my favourite songs and is an apt description of the lovely Marianne) is also from Denmark. Another little piece of trivia for ye today. My mind is in information mode due to college so apologies for all this 'useful' information ; ) The polishes were packed really well which is great (the Irish aren't known for their delicate touch, postmen included  ;) ) I will be swatching these for ye the minute I take off my current manicure.

What are ye most looking forward to seeing?

Cuti-CLUE-les

16 comments:

  1. Congrats hun! Those polishes look amazing :-) Ruby Recommends are available from Debenhams I had a few Christmas time and I really like them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I was so surprised! Oh that's great news! Dying to swatch them now :P x

      Delete
  2. I am *so* glad that the package reached you in perfect condition. Danish postal services can be pretty tough on parcels too (I've worked there, so believe me: I know! LOL), so I tried to wrap it real good.
    Congrats again - you totally deserved to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Ruby Recommends either..but it looks pretty!

    can't wait to see swatches=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so pretty in person. Hopefully it will photograph better on my nails : P

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! You deserve all the nail polishes. I hope you have a nice party. Golden Dragon looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lani! That's so nice : )

      Delete
  5. Hooray for college being done!! Fabulous prize too, I have the Gosh Golden Dragon one and always get so many compliments when wearing it! Can't wait to see your posts with them on ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swatched it on one nail today and I was so surprised at how much I loved it! Can't wait to do a full mani with it!

      Awh thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Ah Metallica were my fav band when I was at college years ago lol. Fancy listening to Load now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I love them! Load is a brilliant album...I think you should ;)

      Delete
    2. Have you had the chance to see them live? I saw them for the first time back in 1999 and since then no other band has compared in terms of live performance!! (except Tool but they're in a different league!:-)

      Delete
    3. Yup in Dublin way back in 2009 (ha!) they were amazing! It was their gig but they had like 4 other bands with them. They were definitely the highlight. I love the fact you can buy the music from the gig on their website. Loved it!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your graduation!!! yay!!!!
    and dude!!! you like Metallica??!!! I LOVE them!!!! I'm so bummed, I never got to see them in concert, but next time they come to St. Louis, I don't care how much the tickets cost, I'm going!!!

    And I am really really looking forward to seeing Gosh Golden Dragon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah i just finished 2nd year :( another year left for me! But I'm still delighted about having the Summer off : P

      Omg!You so have to go! the tickets were like €70 here but trust me it is so worth it. They always have the best guest acts with them.

      I swatched it on one nail and let me tell you it's amazing! Definitely posting about it soon ; )

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les