09 May 2012

A typical Irish landscape...

Hey all,

How has yer week been? Hopefully everyone is doing well : )

Today I have yet another nail art post for ye! This was inspired by the wonderful Anutka from Wacky Laki. Her nails are gorgeous and her blog is so well laid out. I'm sure most of ye know her but if not then please check out her blog. This is the Hawaiian Sunset manicure : P
 Here is my attempt at re-creating the design! I like the palm tree on my left hand. It came out pretty well for a first go I think : ) If I had a stamping kit it would have been so much easier. I like to do it freehand though. I suppose it makes it more personal and a bit more unique. That's probably just my thinking anyway. That could also be taken as messy haha.
 For this manicure I had a base coat of yellow by the brand Collection Hot looks in lemon fizz, followed by Catrice Dirty berry (the purply glitter) that I sponged on to the base of the nail. I actually had to use textued kitchen paper to do this as I didn't have a sponge. I'm like the worst nail polish blogger ever haha I haven't even got the basic tools : P After this I sponged on Nails inc in Atomic (orange). This polish was actually free alongside another nails inc polish called OMP! in a newspaper around Christmas time.
 For the tips I sponged a heavier line with Stargazer in black on the top of the nails in a fairly random pattern. I used a little paint brush I found laying around the house to paint the little palm tree. Once dry I used the paint brush again to paint the sun with the yellow lemon fizz polish. This took me a fair while to do if I am honest with ye. It was my first time doing the sponging technique and it was hard enough to do with the kitchen paper I had. Bleedin' thing kept breaking up and getting stcik to the polish.
I topped it all with a clear topcoat. It was a miss sporty polish that I bought just for this manicure.It was good but it just doesn't try quick enough for my liking but it coats the nail well.
I wore this manicure for about 8 days before taking it off. I really liked it and I got so many compliments and questions on it. I sget so embarrassed when people notice my nails and compliment them. I know that sounds so weird for a nail varnish blogger to say but it's true! It's such a great feeling though so it's worth the embarrassment haha.

Overall, I really liked this manicure and I am so glad Anutka posted this. It made me smile looking at it. This is pretty much the only sun that Ireland ever gets so I made sure I kept it on my nails for an extra long time haha.

What are your thoughts on this manicure? Have any of ye tried it? Do you like it or is it not really your cup of tea?

Cuti-CLUE-les

18 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! You did such a wonderful job on this!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the palm tree, it came out so well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the palm tree nearly killed me to be honest haha it was so hard to hold still :P

      Delete
  3. WOW its beautiful! Well done hun, It looks amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is looking good, and would be a very welcome sight on this gloomy Irish day :) Love how you did it and the colours used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know what you mean. I got drownded today and kept thinking of this :P
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. This turned out really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wore it for eight days? Whoa, that's very good wear!!
    I looks good - I especially like the sponging job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know yeh I'm surprised it lasted so long.

      Thanks! It took a while :P the tissue kept ripping :D

      Delete
  7. WOW ! Great job; gorgeouss! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always liked tropical nails! They are truly perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! It rains a lot here during the summer but it would definitely suit other places : P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les