04 May 2012

Well colour me red and call me polka!

Hey all,

How are ye? So glad it is Friday! Hopefully I'll be in town tomorrow on a little nail polish hunt ; )

Today I have something sweet and simple. I love the polka dot trend and all the varieties of colours that you can mix and match. My all time favourite has to be the red and white polka dot. They go together so well.
 Here I have 2 coats of Miss Sporty Red tango with No7 White for the dots. Red tango is one of my favourite polishes ever. I love the colour, application is soo smooth and 2 coats is perfect for short-medium length nails. The polish doesn't drag or bleed into the cuticles.

No7 white on the other hand is a complete nightmare to work with. If you click the pictures and enlarge them you will see little white strings across some of the nails. This is from dotting the white on the nail and lifting up the dotting tool. The polish jut goes everywhere. It is so frustrating! Catrice snow white was on offer a few weeks back and I didn't get it because I already had a white. Kicking myself so hard now in hindsight I should have bought it for future use.


 This was my second time using a dotting tool and I  am really happy with the outcome! Only one nails came out nearly perfect but I really don't mind.That is the great thing about dots- no matter how bad you think they look up close they always look great from a distance (haha).

I have on my usually stargazer basecoat and I used the Miss Sporty clear topcoat to finish it all of. This manicure was done way back before christmas so my nails were far shorter. I will definitely be trying this again in the  future with different colours and a more uniform dotting style.

I wore this for about a week without any chips and barely any tipwear. The only telltale sign that I had this on my nails for a while is the distance that's between the cuticle and the polish line : P

Are ye fans of the polka dot style? have any of ye tried it out? I would love to hear what kind of colour combinations ye normally go for! Let me know : )
Also I'm thinking of having guest blogggers on the blog to spice things up a bit! It's nice to get a variety of polish brands and colours that I haven't got access to on the blog so ye aren't missing out on anything. Would any of ye be interested in doing a little post? Would ye like to see this happening?
As always let me know in the comments or on twitter @Cuti-CLUE-les or on my facebook page here: Cuti-CLUE-les facebook page

Thanks for reading!

Cuti-CLUE-les

22 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I want a dress that looks like this. :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) oh a dress like this would be so adorable! I'm on the lookout for a polka dot bag :P

      Delete
  2. Are your nails shorter? They look really good, and I love the polka dots! So adorable. If you'd like I would love to do a guest post for you! I actually had a similar idea and did a post on haveing some guest bloggers also so if you'd be interested in guest blogging for me I'd love that too! :)

    - xoxo Alexis Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were taken last year :) They were so short back then! I still have them long but they are getting a little chop this weekend :P
      That would be so much fun! I'll email you and we can sort it out :D

      Delete
  3. Ohh I love this! It looks so girly :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look, red with white polka dots, so Minnie Mouse :D I love polka dots as a design so much, especially with pastels! I find Models Own Snow White as a white, so opaque in one coat. Works great for nail are too :) Though we're in the same country could be interesting none the less to guest post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different parts of the country :P It makes a difference haha I would love for you to guest post! The more the merrier :)
      Oh I'll check out that white! The no7 one is an absolute joke. So glad I didn't pay €9 something for it. Boots vouchers all the way :D

      Delete
  5. Love the combo, so retro! Reds are so hard for me to wear though. I love polka-dotting, I usually go for brights, opposites or pastels. Not sure why!

    I hate that your nails are so perfect. How dare you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of pastel polka dots! I'll have to try them out : )

      Haha thank you! : P

      Delete
  6. Looks great! I love polka dot nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love polka dots too : )

      Delete
  7. They look great! I don't know how anyone could not love polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! They just look so sweet.

      Delete
  8. Your nail design is so cute! I found you on 'when it rains it pours' and now following. I hope you visit my blog and follow if you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love her blog so much. She has the best reviews : )

      Delete
  9. Soo cute! I love anything rockabilly and retro. I havent been doing it for long but would be happy to do a guest post if you would like:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great thank you! I haven't been doing it long either so don't worry about that : D

      Delete
  10. This is awesome! i love this! Its so cool you are in Ireland! I would love to hear your accent! Whenever you write "ye" i just picture the irish accent saying it! Yes I'm weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I noticed I write it a lot :P Awh thanks! I'd drive ya mad after a while haha apparently I talk awful fast :D

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les