19 June 2012

Day 18 in the Summer challenge house- UP nail art

Hey all!

Challenge 18: Ballooning or kites
image from femiknema.wordpress.com

Image from hisfamealone.wordpress.com











I thought this would turn out way better than it has. I love animated films. The characters are so adorable and the sotrylines are so well put together and just perfect in my books :) Because I'm on a disney/ cartoon fix lately I went for a mani based on the film "UP"

Up Film nail art
 I really hate the way it turned out and I am so disappointed that I haven't done the characters or the film justice.
Me and people do not mix. I can never do real life looking faces and it really bugs me because I spend ages working on them.
I really don't know why this turned out so badly. I was going to leave it out but I have so many challenges to get done that I don't have enough time to do another :( Sorry!
Left-right: Writing on postbox, balloons lifting house, Carl, Film name.
 I have my usual stargazer 114 basecoat (nearly gone now which I am quite upset about). I have 2 coats of Catrice Blue Cara Ciao. A nice blue. A bit too dark for me but it's grand for nail art.

For the balloons I used Catrice Birdy reloaded, Catrice Salmon and Garfunkel, Catrice Dirty berry, Catrice Lucky in lilac, Miss sporty Red tango and Catrice Run forest Run.

All of the other details are done in acrylic paint. All topped of with Essence Quick dry topcoat.

Meh. Really not happy with this. I have like 7 more to do today so I really hope this is not an omen of what's to come!

Cuti-CLUE-les

26 comments:

  1. Well I think it looks amazing! Don't put yourself down sweet, you're so talented x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great hun! Don't be so hard on yourself, your nail art is amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it! It's so cute! I love the index finger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww I love it! such a great idea and follow through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't loving it half way through haha but thank you Kaki! :D x

      Delete
  5. What is wrong with you crazy lady?!?!?!? This is so adorable! You did an amazing job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's just not what I had in my head :P
      Awh thanks so much! x

      Delete
  6. These nails are great, always! You're crazy if you think otherwise! but I'm always really critical of myself too...but my nails still never turn out as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah stop I spend forever trying to get them half decent :)
      You have so many new polish bottles to play with though :D Jealous!

      Delete
  7. I'm with the others: I can't see anything wrong with that - in fact I wish I was just half as good as you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thanks Rainbowify! I'm just really critical of my mani's because I can picture what I want but I get get it on my nails :) x

      Delete
  8. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, this is really good! It's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I know but it's just so much easier to see the faults haha x

      Delete
  9. I think it looks super cute! We are our own worst critique you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, they're so adorable! Don't be so harsh on yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart just melted, I love UP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh!! Me too!! I nearly cried watching the film. I turn into a proper baby watching animated films for some reason. Do not get me started on the smurfs :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les