23 June 2012

Day 21 in the Summer Challenge house

Hey all!


Challenge 21: Picnic


Yeh I forgot today was challenge day so I didn't have the pictures ready to go. My bad! I wasn't really feeling the picnic theme until afterwards when I thought of a way better mani but don't fret! I'll keep it for Theodora and Kaki's Summer challenge :D Problem solved.

Can you tell I wasn't in the mood for this manicure? :P  I was after doing the Ice cream sundae challenge and decided to add in so extra's to make it look like a picnic blanket.

That striping tape is an awful pain the arse I'm not going to lie. It sticks to everything but the damn nail. Then it goes on wonky and if the nail isn't fully dry and you try to move it, it pulls off some of the polish. Nightmare.




Pretty simple manicure.2 coats of Barry M Berry ice cream, a single stripe of white nail polish and 2 rows of purple striping tape. I topped it off with Essence Quick dry topcoat just to fix any smudges (especially on my ring finger).

Even after all the hassle I really liked this mani! It looks so much sweeter in real life.
Would I do it again? I probably will :P But only for certain occasions. Definitely not a go-to mani for me even though it's pretty.


 By the way, am I the only person that thinks the new OPI black spotted polish looks like crap? It's just another version of crackle polish! Really don't get the hype.

Let me know if ye are doing the Thekaki (Theodora and Kaki's new name) summer challenge! It's really well put together and it'll be fun :)


Cuti-CLUE-les


16 comments:

  1. I really like this. I'm sorry the tape sucked! I keep wanting to get some since you can get it so cheap on ebay, but I keep putting it off. I like the muted color of the base with the pop of the stripes. Very classy. And thekaki is a winner! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd get some just in case but patience is needed :P unless it's just me that sucks at using it :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I really like it too. shame it isn't easy to do :P

      Delete
  3. I love this! It is a shame that the striping tape is such a pain to work with, because I actually bought some, and am looking forward to trying it. Perhaps a little less after reading this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's just a little warning :P The results are really nice though

      Delete
  4. Its so pretty and elegant! This seems more like my kind of nail art, one line then some tape, but it sucks that the tape was so hard to work with :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have short nails it wouldn't be so bad but I can't grip it properly or anything.

      Delete
  5. Yep totally agree with you on the OPI black spotted, looks like a crackle, which I never could get into. I just bought some stripe tapes..... hmmmm. Well they were super cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I just need to practice more with them! And the price helps :P

      Delete
  6. Oh this is so chic! I love it, so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's really out of character for me haha

      Delete
  7. I think the spotted is dumb just like crack is whack! I'm just not into them or magnetic polish either! So I'm with you babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 I knew I could rely on you fingers :D

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les