01 June 2012

Mini haul and some updates!

Hey all,

I just picked up a few little things today and I thought I would show ye :)

 I picked up both glamour and Marie Claire magazine's for the freebies :P

I also got a bottle of nail polish remover. It's the shops own brand and it smells like a nuclear plant there are that many chemicals mixed in it. I can't get my normal one so this has to do me for a month or two. It cost €2.02.










Glamour magazine were offering 3 benefit products for you to choose from. I picked up the porefessional  because there is so much hype about this product but it costs €30 for for a "full size" bottle. The sample is 7.5ml (or .25 US fl oz) and the "full size" is 22ml (or .75 US fl oz). It's ridiculous for the price but for €2.94 I got a decent sample and the magazine is great for a little flip through so it's all good :D











Just to show the actual size of the sample. It's teeny!

 In marie claire they were offering 3 Ciaté polishes.I picked  Purple Sherbert because it was early and they hadn't restocked the shelf yet so it was either that or a pink one. I actually wanted Bon Bon which is a nude-y polish but I have so many nudes already and this is a pretty colour so It'll do me nicely :)

Marie claire cost €5.45 which is fairly dear for a magazine. Ciate polishes retail for €10.50 on their website so this is a pretty good deal.

This a light purple polish that seems to be quite similar to Barry m Berry ice cream but from swatches it might have a slightly darker finish.

I also got a L'Oréal paris hair expertise EverPure shampoo and conditioner sample. I'll give them a go!


I own one other Ciate polish and I got this last year with the same magazine. It's called My fair lady and it is a light pink polish.

You can see that they have since changed the front of their polishes including the writing and the label. I'm glad they kept the little bow because it does look adorable and it gives the polish a more high end look I think.

Below you can see the changes up close.


























The thing that I really like about these magazines is that they tell you whats coming free with the next issue :D it gives you time to plan :P

Maire Claire: A choice between 3 mascara's 1) Avon Super extend extreme mascara (2) Avon Super Curlacious mascara (3) Super Shock Max mascara. Goes on sale July 5th. I won't be buying this issue. No interest in mascara whatsoever :P

Glamorous: A choice of four balance Me skincare items.1) balance Me Daily essentials balancing face moisturiser  (2) balance Me extra care wonder eye cream (3)balance Me daily essentials pure skin face wash (4) balance Me treatments rose otto intensive lip salve.  Goes on sale July 5th.  I'm intrigued by the eye cream and the lip salve I have to say. For the price I think this is a really great deal.

Any of ye pick up these freebies? Apparently this isn't really common in America which shocked me considering the huge market it has for such products.  Also I have updated the "future posts" tab so please have a look and tell me what ye would like to see next :) I'm currently writing up my nail polish collection so if ye have any requests for my next nail swatch then comment below. It should be up within the hour.

Cuti-CLUE-les

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love the Ciate polish you picked :-)
    It's ridiculous the amount the want for the Porefessional!
    At least we can say we've tried it...really doubt I will be picking up the full sized...even if its miracle cream! heheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try it! Ciate polish always needs three coats but if it dires quickly then I won't mind :)

      haha same here! that stuff will never be worth that price :P

      Delete
  2. That is one tiny sample! I can't wait to see a swatch of Purple Sherbert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to have them up soon :) I'm dying to try it out :D

      Delete
  3. I need to start paying more attention to the free samples and stuff, looks like a trip to the store for these 2 magazines! I almost missed out on the InStyle one with Nails Inc and couldn't get the blue one so I got pink. This was one thing I definitely missed after we moved away from England before, the stuff that comes with magazines lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I just love getting "free" polish :P
      I got the blue nails inc one. It seems nice enough but nails inc formula can be an awful bitch :(
      And yes you should definitely pick up these two magazines ;)

      Delete
  4. I got the pink one for free :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink one was way to bright for me!

      Delete
  5. I wish our magazines came with freebies :O/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really weird that they don't :(

      Delete
  6. Cute polishes=]

    Sadly no, the other day when you commented about polish in the upcoming marie claire on my post i was like whaaaaat

    I don't think this goes down around here, which sucks! but it's cool, i'll live vicariously through you and your freebies lol

    The porefessional is suuuuper awesome. I have the sample that I got in a Birchbox a few months back, and I still have it only cause I don't use it very much. I pretty much forget it's in my purse. But it works very well! I think I'm afraid I'll fall in love and want to pay the full price for a bigger size lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I will try my best to buy them all so ye don't feel left out ;)

      Ah we don't get those beauty boxes here. It's a shame because the nail polish ones would be so handy but not the julep one :P I've heard nothing but bad things about them!

      Delete
  7. I picked up the pink one 'Jelly bean' the other day and I have my eye on 'Bon bon' too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I have Purple Sherbert on my toes now and it looks so adorable!! I'm hoping I have a dupe of bon bon just so I haven't missed out ;)

      Delete
  8. Writing up your collection is such a great idea for people that wanna see what it looks like before they buy it!

    What was the pore-fessional like? Did it work? I bought the one with the bad gal mascara but I have to say it's not as good as Maxfactor false lash!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought looking at other blogs and then I forgot about it :P It's up now though :)

      I haven't tried it yet but the sample is so stingy I doubt it'll make much of a difference :/ Definitely not going to buy the full sized product yet!!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les