28 June 2012

Mini haul

Hey all!

I picked up a couple of polishes like a week ago now on an impromptu trip to town. Nothing major but I have been dying to get them! Like I would google them every night to see them on other peoples nail (Weird? yes! Do I do it often? All the time! Am I doing it now?...maybe...)

From left to right: Essence Studio nails 24/7 basecoat, Essence special effects topper in Night in vegas, models own Dream Stream and Models Own Hedonist.

I actually wan't planning on getting these for another while but I grab any chance I can to go to town. I also had to pick up some polish for a swap I'm doing with Theodora (I won't say what they are though ;) )so I took the opportunity to get a new base coat seeing as my Stargazer 114 is on the way out :(

I love essence so I thought I would try out their base coat! It's a cheap but reliable brand. I don't see the point in wearing a really dear basecoat if you can get a cheap one that works! sure you don't even see them on your nails anyway.

This was €2.29 for 8ml.






This was more of a "I don't need it but I'll want it when I get home" polish. I am brutal for talking myself out of buying polish and then kicking myself when I get home (example- Pirates of the carribbean collection) . I like flakies, especially universal ones that you can use over any colour that takes your fancy.

Again I love Essence so I didn't really have to worry about the quality when buying this.

This was €2.29 for 8ml.


 Now onto the polish I was dying to get! I'm obviously not the biggest models own fan out there! I really do think they are way to dear for me to really go mad buying them. But I love Hedonist!. I'm, really into neon polish and this is frickin' NEON!!

You all know that I am a huge fan of coral polish so a coral neon was obviously going to catch my attention. After seeing swatches of Hedonist on Emma's blog I knew I would get it. This is where my impromptu trip became a blessing in disguise. As I wandered around looking at polish I glanced over and noticed a teeny sign saying "Buy one get one half price" on the Models own stand!

This was €7.65 for 14ml
 Another polish that I was dying to get! Dream stream is a gorgeous blue. It has a metallic finish and it just looked stunning in swatches I have seen.

Am i converted to models own?No. I wouldn't say I'll go out and buy a load of their polish now. None of their others polish colours really appeal to me yet but if another one comes out like these two then I'd definitely look into it!

This was €7.65 but down to €3.83 with the offer.







While I was paying for all the polish (including swap items) I got a little voucher for money off of the brand No7. The girl at the till goes "You know you can get more polish with that"! ha!

Cuti-CLUE-les






14 comments:

  1. Hedonist looks absolutely gorgeous!

    Mollie xo
    molliemuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much better in person! So bright and just stunning :D

      Delete
  2. Every time I'm in Boot's a find my way to the Models Own section just to look at the HedKandi collection lol I will have to get them at some point!!! Can't wait for swatches hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh you have to haha it would be cheaper for you to buy the set from their website though ;)

      Delete
  3. Great little haul. :) I'm looking forward to hearing if the Essence base coat is any good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is! I'll definitely let you know :)

      Delete
  4. awesome! I don't have models own, and I haven't seen it anywhere so I like seeing swatches=] nice haul, and happy swapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour of Hedonist!
    Great mini Haul!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any Model's Own polishes,but I badly want Hedonist, I'm a major neon fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! It's worth the price :)

      Delete
    2. If only we had Model's Own, I'd grab it! Might do an order online but I hate delivery charges!

      Delete
    3. I'm so shocked ye don't have it! I though they were easy enough to get here. Ugh I know what you mean. Sure half the time the charges are more than the polish itself!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les