03 June 2012

Pixy Natural skincare company review

Hey all!

Another review for ye today. After seeing a review of the Pixy natural skincare company by CherrySue,another Irish blogger, I have to admit I was intrigued. After an extensive survey of the site and a tweet to the company I knew I was going  to buy something. Practically all of their products are calling out to me. Their "no animal testing" policy really caught my eye. It's hard to find an honest, kind and helpful company and this really makes Pixy one of a kind. I decided to buy two of their products to try out initially.

First off the bat is the packaging. It came wrapped in brown paper which I didn't mind. Seeing as they are a new company I didn't expect much to be honest with you. When I ripped off the paper I was astounded:

How adorable is that box? The little pixy features on all of their product labels and on the box. I did not expect the packaging to be this pretty whatsoever. The colours are amazing and the cardboard box is very sturdy. I'm actually keeping the box to store all of my bath stuff. It is far too pretty to throw out.


The inside is very well packaged.A top layer of brown paper protects the products from hitting off the lid, Underneath the products is another piece of brown paper which prevents the products slipping to the bottom.Finally supporting all of this is a layer of Styrofoam peanuts. Again I was so surprised at the care they take with packing the items.





Now on to the good stuff ;)

 First up is the product I was really excited for and the reason behind my purchase:
                                                                                       
 Vanilla mud scrubs are described as "Our Moisturising Vanilla Mud Scrubs are great to detoxify, exfoliate and nourish with rhassoul clay. Apricot oil nourishes and protects and a delightful vanilla fragrance is released as your skin is renewed "
I have to say I was tempted by the lime ones described by CherrySue initially as I am fond of citrus scents during the summer but vanilla is my all time favourite. Cannot wait to try these out! They actually look little little bars of soap :P
They cost €4.99 for 90g. I got 6 little bars in my bag. Each product comes with a little description on the back with directions on how to use them and a list of ingredients. Great attention to detail!


                                                             
Mango Bliss Soap block is described as "Mango Bliss Soap Block gently cleanses and softens your hands and body with the richness of mango butter, while the vitamin E oil leaves your skin soft and supple, with the fruity fragrance of mango."
My second item was a bit of a gamble. I like the smell of mango but soap rarely smells of the actual scent advertised. This smells incredible.  I keep taking it out of the box to smell it. I'm surprised the lid hasn't worn away yet! I'm dying to try this out. This cost €3.99 for 100g of product.

Now this just shows how amazing this company really is! Included in the box were 2 bath bombs. I was bowled over by their kindness. Not only do you get the amazing box and delicious smelling products but they also add in a little treat at the end, perfect. Again these smell phenomenal and they look amazing. I love seeing the mixture of ingredients and their colours in the ball.

If you sign up for their mailing list you also get a 10% discount code to use on your first order. This company just keeps on giving. They are often on twitter where they answer any questions you have quickly and they are just so friendly.

You can find all of their products on their website Pixy.ie with a detailed description of the product and their ingredients. One final word of warning: when you buy these products hide them well. People have been trying to steal my box since I got it :P

I'll be reviewing each of these products individually in the coming weeks :)

Cuti-CLUE-les

 (I am not in any way affiliated with this company)

7 comments:

  1. Ohh I love the smell of mango! Everything looks amazing :-) can't wait for some reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My room smells amazing every time I open the box :P

      Delete
  2. awesome! I've recently started seeing a few things about this company, but I haven't heard anything about the products, so i'm glad you're gonna be reviewing some=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will help you out in deciding whether or not to get some stuff :) I should have a post on the soap and the bath bombs up next week :)

      Delete
  3. I love the scent of both vanilla and mango and those products look gorgeous. The box they came in looks cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The box is my favourite :P I just love the little pixies :D

      Delete
  4. Thanks for all the kind words. We are proud of the products we produce in Ireland and looking forward to showing off the new ideas soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les