21 June 2012

Review: Essence Quick Dry Topcoat

Hey all!
Essence Quick Dry topcoat review

Just a quick little review on the Essence Quick Dry topcoat. I picked this up becuase it is so hard to find a good topcoat here! The last one I had was by Miss sporty and it always dragged my nail art.

Claims: "Extremely fast drying topcoat. Protects your nail polish against chipping"

I really like this topcoat I have to say. It is touch dry after a minte or two but it stays soft for a while after. I have often painted my nails an hour before going to bed and woken up with sheet marks which drives me mental. Especially when I have no time to fix them before leaving.

It does prevent your nail polish from chipping though. When I'm in college I only have time to paint my nails once a week and they last perfectly for at least 7-8 days!

This leaves a lovely glossy finish on nail polish. One coat is all you need even on glitter BUT! you need at least two when doing nail art with acrylic paint to achieve the same glossy result. Not A huge deal for most people but still important to take into account.

Overall I would but this again. I love Essence products. The quality always surpasses my expectations even now. I love how neat and simple they keep their packaging. I bought this on March 9th and it's still going strong. It's only €2.09 for 8ml (0.27 fl oz) so it's well worth picking up.

Cuti-CLUE-les

16 comments:

  1. awesome! seriously though do you wear special protective gloves 24/7 or something lol I wanna know how in the heck your polish lasts so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I honestly have no idea! I think it's mainly down to the brands I use though :)
      But special protective gloves would be a God send :D

      Delete
  2. Definitely need to look into this one; I've been using Seche Vite, but it almost always shrinks my polish. >:( And I feel you on the sheet marks; that happens to me all the time, and it drives me batty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hate shrinkage! It always makes your mani look like it's been on for a week already :( Essence won't shrink your polish and it is far cheaper so you have more money to buy more polish :P

      Delete
  3. I've just started using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri recently, and I'm in love with that. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been dying to try that out but it's dear enough here :(

      Delete
  4. Have you ever tried essence better than gel nail top sealer?
    Because I'm using this and I felt top sealer is better than this topcoat, so if you like this topcoat better than top sealer I'd like to know your idea/opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried it yet but I have seen it in town so I might pick it up! Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the review, love Essence so i'll definitely be picking this up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bother at all.Glad you liked it! Let me know what you think of it :)

      Delete
  6. I will definitely be on the look out for this top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth it. It lasts for ages too!!

      Delete
  7. I'm awful, I never use a topcoat, unless I want a matte finish!
    You could try running your nails under cold water when the topcoat is dry, and that helps with it not staying soft :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a go :D
      I know lately I just don't bother because I change it so often :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les