15 July 2012

Red Carpet Lacquer- Buttercup

Hey all!
This is how they are packaged. Isn't that adorable!
I have another Indie brand for you all today. Red Carpet Lacquer was created by Jaime (who btw had the most gorgeous wedding dress ever! Check it HERE). Jamie is an absolute dote to talk to and she was so kind sending along three of her polishes to review! I'm saving my favourite until last though :P



 Up first is Buttercup from The Reel Brides collection. Now I was a fair bit iffy with this polish when I first saw it. It's not something I would normally pick up but on the nail this polish just blew me away. I'll do this backwards today- Swatches first and then full manicure at the end :)

 From left to right

Index- 1 coat Buttercup
Middle- 2 coats Buttercup
Ring-3 coats Buttercup
Pinky- 4 coats Buttercup


Buttercup is a silvery-blue foil. It has micro silver glitter in it which shine indoors. I think this would be amazing for going out out to dinner or the cinema. In the shade Buttercup just sparkles so beautifully so it would look amazing in dim lighting.


I didn't need a base colour for this polish so the next few pictures are just of Buttercup as a full manicure :)

 For this manicure I have 3 coats of Red Carpet Lacquer Buttercup on each finger abar the pinky which has four ( I kept on the previous layering manicure and just built up the coats hence the extra coat )

I'm kind of kicking myself for steering clear of polish like this before now. I made tea half way through taking pictures and I kept staring at my hands waiting for the kettle to boil :P That's a good sign that I like a polish :)

Gorgeous! although it has a foil finish, application was flawless. The brush is brilliant. I didn't have any clean up to do and I got an almost perfect curve around my cuticle.

Red Carpet Lacquer polish go for $8 and are 3 free.  Jaime is away on holiday but her Etsy shop will be open again on July 17th! You can also find her on Facebook and Jaime has her own blog HERE.

This song has been in my head writing this whole post:


Have any of ye bought Red Carpet Lacquer polish? If not, have  I convinced ye to buy some yet? ;)

Cuti-CLUE-les

**The Polish in this post was provided for review**

 




16 comments:

  1. OOOMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG your nails are so cute! ILOVETHEM! This color is also stunning! Ahhh love the shorties! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Thank you!!:D I love my little nubbins :)

      Delete
  2. It's gorgeous and it suits your skin tone really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet colour xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour changes. So eye catching

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color!! Also looks really good on you! And omg, you have short nails!!! Well, shorter nails, but still :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It took me ages to file them down :P Thanks :D

      Delete
  5. Stop showing me new polish! :) It's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait until tomorrow :P It gets better for your nails but worse for your wallet haha x

      Delete
  6. OMG I NEED this polish <3 It's so insanely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I am in love with it! It's one of those polishes that you would hide if someone asked to borrow one :P I'm not sharing it haha

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy? I didn't expect the colour shifts at all :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les