16 July 2012

Red Carpet Lacquer- Toula

Hey all!

Lately I have been a bit "meh" about glitter polish because it never really grabbed me in the first place. Probably because I hadn't tried Red Carpet Lacquer before. Holy Crap she can make amazing polish!
I have a boat load of pictures of Red Carpey Lacquer Toula today :D



Toula is also from The Reel Brides collection which is the latest collection created by Jaime. I have it layered in the first set of pictures and on its own in the last set :)

Isn't she pretty :D This is one coat of Toula over 2 coats of China Glaze 105. Toula is a gorgeous blue based polish with blue glitter of varying sizes and shades of blue and some silver glitter.

Like Buttercup, Toula just comes alive in kind of dim lighting. The glitter sparkles like stars in the sky! Jeez I'm getting fairly poetic about this polish altogether haha. It really is gorgeous though. I have always been a huge fan of blue glitter so this is an amazing polish for me.






Application was a breeze again ,I love the brush that Jaime picked out. So easy to move the glitter around the nail. The polish is actually fairly jam packed with glitter so you get a great load of glitter with just the one coat.

Drying time is grand and the polish isn't bumpy at all so no need for thick layers of top coat.



 Now onto Toula on its own!

 As usual from left to right

Pinky- 1 coat Toula
Ring- 2 coats Toula
Middle- 3 coats Toula
Index- 4 coats Toula

You can't see the nail line after 2 coats so 2-3 coats covers the nail beautifully.

I took a load of pictures so the next bit is just picture spam :D





 I know you are all probably staring at the polish thinking "I thought she said she was saving the best until last?" Well I am! I might share it with you although I am thinking of buying every single bottle of it as back ups. I'm not even joking.... It's Toula but better!

You can find Jaime on Etsy, Facebook and Blogger! Each polish goes for $8 and are 3 free and I think they are 100% worth every penny. Jaime is opening up shop on the 17th and both buttercup and Toula will be available.

The last polish I have is brand new to Red Carpet Lacquer and will be released for the first time on the 17th!  I might post it up sooner so ye have time to get money ready for the shops opening. If ye are nice to me ;)

Let me know what ye think!

Cuti-CLUE-les


**polish in this post was provided for review**

 



17 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I'm dying to see the last one though! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished typing it up :D I love it!

      Delete
  2. It's very pretty. I can see I would either go for three coat or layering over a dark blue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go with the layering. It makes the glitter really stand out :)

      Delete
  3. I think my favorite part about your posts is that you show what layering coats of it does. Blue glitters are so pretty but they never seem overly unique yet this one does somehow. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm always get annoyed when I try to find out how many layers people used to get the look so I thought I'd include it. I'm really happy it helps :)

      Delete
  4. Love this!!!! I can totally see this over a black and be crazy good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a great idea! I'll definitely have to try that out :D

      Delete
  5. :D Though I poked around, I can't find out for sure if Toula is a reference to My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but if it is... I love it! :D Such a great movie, and a perfect colour, as well. :) Your photos of it are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is! There is a quote on her etsy page but I haven't seen the movie to tell you exactly http://www.etsy.com/transaction/86205075

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
    2. lol Yup! It's "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", and since you haven't seen it, you definitely should! It's such a great wedding movie. :)

      Delete
  6. Wow I've been looking at this polish for awhile, glad I found your swatches of it! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm delighted you found them too :D x

      Delete
  7. omg, this is so freaking gorgeous!! I loooove blue glitter polishes and this one is just wow! love it on it's own and also layered ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it perfect! i love it so much especially layered :D

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Blue glitter is one of my favourite things in the world! So pretty

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les