23 July 2012

TheKaki Summer Challenge: Tropical Drinks

Hey all!
....So I am in a bit of a creative blah at the moment so I had to skip the summer memory challenge or else I'd never get this posted !...
 I went for something a teeny bit abstract! I love the look of the multi-coloured drinks so I used striping tape to create a layered look. When I took off the tape I went over the line again with my Kiss nail art brush in silver glitter.

I did an accent nail using the cling film (saran wrap) method. I wanted it to look like when you mix a drink up really quickly using a straw :P

I think I should have only used the bright colours for the accent nail but I'm still happy out with it!





Red- Miss Sporty Red Tango
Orange- Nails Inc Atomic
Yellow- Catrice Birdy Reloaded
Green- Catrice Acid/dc
Blue- Catrice Blue Cara ciao
White- No7 White tips.
The striping tape is the cheapest one I found on ebay :P


The striping tape gets a bit easier to work with but I would suggest cutting it a bit longer so you can easily grab if before the polish dries if you aren't planning on keeping it as part of the manicure :)


The cling film method is easy so I think I'll be doing a few more manicure's using it. 












I'm happy out with this! I'm really glad I am finally getting the hang of the striping tape and how to use it. It's fairly handy to have.


What's your favourite drink? I love Dr Pepper! And Tango but we can't get that anymore.

Cuti-CLUE-les






20 comments:

  1. I love the stripes! I'm also a big lover of Tango :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :D Omg tango is amazing! Way better than fanta

      Delete
  2. I love the stripes and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Probably one of the brightest nail art manicure's that I've done!

      Delete
  3. Whaa no Tango?? WHy!! Also I see what you mean about having brighter colours for the cling film finger. It would make it pop! You're becoming such a striping tape maestro....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We had it years ago and then it vanished! I've a hard enough job trying to find Dr Pepper.
      haha you should have seen the lines before I covered them with glitter :P

      Delete
  4. Cute, very bright :)

    I can't believe you don't have tango in Ireland! And I LOVE Dr pepper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's a crying shame! We are all so deprived here :P
      Oh Dr pepper is just the best thing ever!

      Delete
  5. Dr. Pepper is my favourite drink :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay :D It's great! I wish we could get the big bottles like the ones in America

      Delete
  6. Very pretty colour combination. You always find colour that look amazing together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy bright color!!
    Looks amazing on your nail :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I love the combination of bright colurs on my nails :) so summer-y!

      Delete
  8. Awesome mani!! Love all the colors and the mixing one is awesome.
    What is Tango? I do love Dr. Pepper, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fizzy orange "soda" but it tastes soo good! you can get different flavours in it

      Delete
  9. it looks great! i really love the middle finger the most :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana :)I really like the technique . It's one I'll have to try again

      Delete
  10. Looove the stripes and you're right, the accent looks just like a drink that's been mixed up :D
    Hmm, fvorite drink? Anything with cocos and/or mint :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :D Oh I love mint!!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les