08 July 2012

Tweezerman cuticle nipper review!


Hey all!

Continuing on with my review of the Tweezerman mani/pedi kit I have the Satin Etched Cuticle Nipper to show ye today.  I’ll just go straight into it J

The sturdy design is reinforced by its rock-hard, stainless steel construction and features sharp, long lasting snipping tips for smooth cutting action

Again the design on the nipper is clean and simple. The zebra etching isn’t as noticeable as it is on the clippers but again it is nice.  The logo is reserved for the head of the nippers along with it’s origins.  It comes with a little rubber cap to place on top. This protects the tip of the nipper and also the packaging or bag you use to store it in(also your fingers when you go to grab them). Great idea!

The nipper is so light weight. You can just put it in your bag or pocket and you would barely feel it.  It’s small and thin enough to fit in most spaces so you won’t have to worry about making room for it.
This is actually might first ever experience of a nipper (I keep writing nipple haha) but I have seen them mentioned on other nail blogs.  I found it really easy to use. It was so easy to hold and it takes little effort to nip off the cuticle.  It is sharp enough to quickly deal with the cuticle but I would say that you need to take your time. You won’t slice yourself open with it but it does sting a bit if you catch the skin around the finger so be careful :P I know from experience hah I was trying to be all professional like the big bloggers and just started snipping away. Lesson learnt :D

I have to say it does leave your cuticles looking lovely and smooth if you take the time to do them properly ie cuticle softener, pushing them back and then cutting and moisturizing. I have been trying to perfect my technique and they look great but then I don’t moisturize and it totally ruins all my hard work.

I can't find the exact pair on the tweezerman website but the Rockhard version costs: $ 25

Overall I really like this. It works for me and I love the result. Would I say it is vital that you have one? No, not really.  I’ve never had one before and I got along fine without it but now that I’m blogging I think it is better if I use one especially with my cuticles.  If it’s something that you think you would like that I highly recommend this one, if not then just ignore me :P

Cuti-CLUE-les

10 comments:

  1. I use a basic Superdrug cuticle nipper and it works fine! It's getting a little blunt though so may have to invest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah we can't get nipper's here at all! I really like these though :)

      Delete
  2. nice review=] I have one, but I've only ever used it if I get dry peeliness around my nails on occasion...I'm too scared I'm gonna nip some skin with nerves and bleed everywhere lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha wow! I cut my pinky a bit too much there the last day. Acetone remover was not a good idea afterwards :(

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of this but think I'd be afraid to use it:) My cuticles definitely need it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it looks a bit rough! it's so great though. I'm still getting used to it (I keep forgetting to use it :P ) but it works wonders on them and leaves them looking nice for weeks.

      Delete
  4. Really nice reivew! I've never owned a pair of cuticle nippers, but think it may be nice to have in case of an emergency. Of course, I probably wouldn't buy this one, because the price is a bit steep for something I won't use all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeh I completely agree the price is way too high. Especially when no one has any money! They are very good quality nippers but dear.

      Delete
  5. I agree! You think you have lovely nails and then you get the old macro setting out and it's like eeeeek! Buuut I find it a bit time consuming so I tend not to eeheheh. The only annoying thing about cutting cuticles is that the skin around the nails near the cuticles grow back all peely. I mean, that might just be me but it's annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I get that too! I think it has something to do with the way I cut them. I haven't really got the hang of it yet but I really love it :D I just wish I could get perfect cuticles like some bloggers. It just takes time :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les