21 August 2012

A striping success!

Hey all!

I found these swatches this morning! They were supposed to be for a guest post but I changed my mind at the last minute and went for a different design :P I've been playing around with striping tape for a while so I thought I'd pop these up. Plus I really miss my long nails :( My nubbins never look good with nail art.

 I was after swatching P2 color victim in  artful (which I love by the way!) and I really wanted to keep it on for another day so I thought it was a great opportunity to break out the striping tape. I really wanted to try a pattern that I see on stamping plates so the criss-cross design seemed perfect for a first go.

I did change it about a bit on each nail just to see which angle would work best. I actually really like the fact that each nail has the same pattern but with different sized diamonds.

I just use the cheap old striping tape off of ebay that I posted HERE. It really doesn't matter. Just pull it off the second you paint on the polish and you will get a clean like. I use a cuticle nipper to pull the tape off and it works far better. Even a tweezers would do the job.

I added on Catrice Acid/Dc as the second colour. I think the colour combination works really well. Plus I am in love with accent nails at the moment. Lately I've been keeping my thumb as my accent nail just to switch it up a bit.


I love playing around with striping tape but it always leaves such a mess afterwards. The tape sticks to everything!!

What nail do you normally use as an accent nail?

Cuti-CLUE-les

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job! I can barely do three pieces of tape let alone that many! Fantastic! And I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten! I cut them all into strips to make it easier :P
      I love the 2 colours together too. I can't wait to play around with more design with them :)

      Delete
  2. God your nails are so precise, wish I could do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I'm sure you could do it :)

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! I still haven't bought any striping tape but I think I need to, not sure i'd have the patience for this though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! I'd definitely recommend picking some up although it can be really annoying the first few times you play around with it

      Delete
  4. Perfect! I haven't attempted using striping tape yet as I know I'll probably suck at it!

    This looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to get me some of that striping tape and try these things out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give it a go. It's fairly annoying the first few attempts though

      Delete
  6. I love the colours in this, great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fab! I'm always so jealous of your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a lot of work, wasn't it? But it looks cool! And omg, yes, that tape sticks to everything!! :)) I usually use my ring finger as an accent..and when I like the accent I do the thumb too =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought the thumb would be weird but it makes sense! Especially when you are writing or texting a lot. Oh I have to combine the 2! Best of both worlds.

      It actually doesn't take that long when you pre-cut the strips. You have to be quick in case the polish dries ;)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les