19 August 2012

Are you hed-ing my way?

Hey all!

For some strange reason I was in such a summery mood today! In the frickin' Autumn!   I'm really happy summer is over (love the winter so much!) but I know people are going to start wearing dark polish constantly. Don't get me wrong I love dark nail polish but I'll still be wearing my neon nails.

I finally got around to wearing Models Own Hedonist when I went to The Body Shop pampering treatment the last day. We were having such lovely wearing and I was debating wearing this or China Glaze Flip flop Fantasy. I settled on this just because I hadn't worn it as a manicure yet.

Hedonist is a bright coral/red creme nail polish although in certain lights it does side with orange more than red. This is part of the Hed Kandi collection that was released a while back now. Only 3 of the polishes in that collection really caught my eye but Hedonist was the one that stood out the most.


Here I have 2 coats of Hedonist. I didn't find this to be particularly neon, more a very bright polish. I like the rubbery matte finish that this polish has so I didn't bother with a topcoat. Usually adding on a topcoat just highlights the flaws in the polish anyway :P

I like the polish but I was a little let down that it wasn't as neon as China Glaze Flip flop fantasy. I remember wearing this as a pedicure a while back and it seemed to come across far brighter on the toes than the fingers. Maybe I'm imagining it :P Either way I think this is a brilliant pedicure polish :) The polish does smell a fair bit though. Maybe crack open a window before you start painting.


Models own cost around €7.57 in boots for 14ml. Boots always have a few deals on models own polish though. I bought Hedonist and Dream Stream when the buy 2 get 1 half price offer was going on. Way better value I think.

Have ye started reaching for the Darker shades yet? Don't do it! I'm serious, back away from the dark shades people!!

Cuti-CLUE-les

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous summery shade! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing in the sun! even indoors it is gorgeous

      Delete
  2. I wish we had easy access to Models Own in the US, cause this is a gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean it's annoying when you can't see the polish in person before you buy it.

      Delete
  3. I wear darks shades all year round, just like I feel free to wear bright colours all year round too. It's my mood that decides it, not the seasons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I don't see why I should be confined to a certain shade depending on the season. It's just nail polish :P x

      Delete
  4. Nooooo don't say summer's ended!!! We've only just got some sun this weekend in the UK! Love the colour!!! I love having bright nails all year round they just love to be the centre of attention :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love that :P Yup summer is over :( but winter is great! We get all those gorgeous Christmas themed polish sets :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I wish it was more neon but it is a great colour

      Delete
  6. I love when polishes could be two colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I like both colours I like them :P

      Delete
  7. So pretty! If I could buy Models Own around here, I would definitely buy this one! It looks great on you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Nail Treasures!That is such a sweet thing to say :) x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les