22 August 2012

Oh Sweet child O' mine

Hey all!

You all know I am pretty much in love with skincare products right now but I never really bothered with body butters. The tubs are always so small and they are fairly dear for something you might not like at all.  I was recently sent the sweet lemon body butter from The Body Shop to try out so it was the perfect chance to finally try them out.

 My skin is fairly normal. I don't really suffer from dry skin anywhere apart from around my ankles and my elbows so I check those areas when ever I body products to see if they are any good.

First up I like the packaging. It's a lovely sunny yellow  with a giant lemon on the top.Nice and simple but eye-catching. The body butter itself is a paler yellow but is equally as eye-catching. I suppose as with any one that has a love for nail polish knows, the packing of a products is always the first thing you notice :P
I love the smell of this butter. It smells just like lemons, not artificial lemons, pure lemon!It's so uplifting and fresh on the skin.I thought you would need a load to cover your entire body but a little really goes a long way. I skim my finger across the top twice and that gives me plenty to cover me. This one has a lovely buttery consistency. I know yez are like "duh!it's a body BUTTER" but I have tried out the Shea butter and found it to be a fair bit thicker.The body butter claims to give 24h hydration to dry skin and it does live up to that promise. My skin is still lovely and smooth the next day.

I have to say I am a huge fan! I love the consistency and the smell of the body butters. They leave my skin soft and smooth for the duration of the day. Now they are dear. €18.95 for a 200ml tub. I won't be running out to buy one because it is more than I can afford BUT the Body Shop is known for its sales and offers so the minute I hear of one on these I am going to stock up.  Highly recommend the Sweet lemon body butter . I'll be awful sad when I finish it to be honest.

Have ye tried the Body Shop body butters? Which is your favourite?

Cuti-CLUE-les

**Product was provided for review**

11 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to get a "bag of joy" from body shop recently and there were 3!!! tubs of butter with it and I paid £12.50 for the lot (also got 2 shower gels, 2 roll on deodorants, a clay mask and perfume!) Found the offer on mse xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! We never get deals like that here :(

      Delete
  2. I seem to adore everything from the body shop lol The Body Butters especially. I have a top 3: Mango, Shea and Satsuma...I never want to be without them. I have around 10 Body Shop body butters and have never payed full price for them. I always wait for a voucher code or sale, it's so worth it :-) I have the lemon but its a bit strong for me though I love to use it when I'm ill for some strange reason, its a great for when I have a cold hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Payed??? LMAO Paid! I don't even know where that came from! I can only blame late night comments hehe xxx

      Delete
    2. I thought the lemon scent was a bit subtle! I'm delighted to hear they have a mango one though :D I hope they make a lime one in the future. That would be amazing

      Delete
  3. I love their body butters. I've had passion fruit, I think it was, and almond. They smell amazing and always make my skin feel and look much nicer, especially in the winter months. And they last forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh passionfruit sounds good! Yeh I agree they do last a fair while. I can't wait to see how well they work in winter :D They leave my skin lovely now

      Delete
  4. Have the peach one and I love it, want the mango one next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try both! I love both scents so they are definitely coming home with me :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Try it! it's so lovely, I'm sure you'll be delighted with it

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les