20 August 2012

You are getting sleepy....very sleepy...

Hey all!

The recent Essence Snow white collection was a massive hit! Everyone went mental for it over here and internationally. I was fond of a few of the polishes but by the time I got around to buying them the stand was pretty much gone. Thankfully I received all the ones I wanted bar one in swaps :D Today I have Essence Sleepy.

Sleepy is a light blue creme with blue shimmer running through it. The shimmer is actually more noticeable in real life. I was having a bad camera day :P

Sleepy was part of my swap with Theodora and I am delighted to have him. I was actually in town looking for him before my swap package arrived and he wasn't there! The shimmer really makes this polish stand out. I loved wearing Sleepy. the shimmer really transformed it from being a nice but slightly average blue to looking like the water when the moon shines down on it. So pretty!

Click on the pictures to really see the gorgeous shimmer.


Application was awful weird though! It reminded me of the new Opi black spotted polish. When I put the first coat on it split and had the exact same effect as spotted! I wore this without a basecoat and used slighter thicker coats. 3 coats gave a nice opaque and even appearance. I wouldn't be put off by the formula. It's easy to build up the polish and the end result is well worth it.

 I didn't use a topcoat but to be fair look how glossy it is on it's own! Essence polish lasts for ages and I often go a week or more without chips. They have since changed their bottles so I'm not sure if the formula of their polish has changed too. I really hope not! The new bottles look tacky in the promo pictures.
 The Essence Snow White collection was a Limited edition so sleepy cost's €1.99 instead of the usual €1.20. I think the new bottles go for €1.79 for 8ml rather than 5ml which is a far jump like! Not to sure about that yet.I have yet to use up a 5ml bottle so I don't see why they had to change it :(  Sleepy is a great little polish though :D

Who was your favourite dwarf from the Snow white film?

Cuti-CLUE-les


16 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I want this collection so bad!! I love the shimmer in the polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer is so pretty! I'm really glad I managed to get some of them

      Delete
  2. I agree, I want this collection really badly too! I wish these collections were sold in the US! Looks great on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I know what you mean, I've missed a few of their collection because they didn't sell them around here :(

      Delete
  3. That polish looks really great on you. I was in Germany when the collection was out, and I only found it in one of all the shops I went into. Mega hype!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's mental! We had a decent selection but it's all gone now :(
      Thanks you!

      Delete
  4. We didn't get this collection in my local stockists, I'm going to have a snoop on Saturday but I highly doubt there are any of these beauties left =/ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awful shame :( I know our selection went very quickly. I wish they kept the stand stocked properly instead of once a week

      Delete
  5. I'm a Grumpy gal myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous polish, it looks great on you. I loved Doc and Grumpy best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I was never a huge fan of Doc for some reason :/ Dopey is adorable though :P

      Delete
  7. Looks like a really gorgeous light blue! And I have to say Grumpy was my favorite :D
    About the new essence polishes: Essence says the new colors are even more glossy and long-lasting than the old ones .. we shall see about that =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! They said the new bottles were an improvement too but no mention of the price increase for a while :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les