13 August 2012

Your cuticles will thank me!

Hey all!

I was contacted by the lovely Anne-Marie, the PR person for the Pixy natural skincare company, about 2 weeks ago now asking if I would like to review a new product of theirs! I am already a huge fan of the company so I was delighted.
I love their logo. It's so sweet and really makes the tin more appealing to look at so it's never going to be an eye sore sitting on your desk or on the bathroom shelf. The first thing I noticed when I opened the tin was the smell. It is gorgeous! It's really fresh and natural. The gel is full of aloe vera juice, tea tree essential oil and lavender essential oil. It's the perfect product to use on dry skin. It is great for use after waving or shaving and I'm told by Anne-Marie that it is great for sunburn too. You can actually pop this in the fridge so when it goes on it is really cooling. Added bonus! I have been using this religiously and I have barely made a dent in it!

Although it's not advertised as such , I swear to God this is a miracle product for your hands and cuticles. I kid you not I had the worst cuticles there a few weeks back. All the skin around the nail was dry and peeling, which led to them being picked at and ripped to shreds. Less than a week of using this and they are in perfect condition! They haven't been like that since I was born (ok maybe since before this nail polish addiction started but you know what I mean :P ) I put on a small drop of this on my cuticles first and rub it in to each nail and then into my hands and the next morning they are smooth and hydrated. You really do not need much! I slapped on a blob of the gel one night and it was nearly morning by the time I rubbed it all in (exaggerating! Seriously do not use a lot though!). It dries really quickly if you use a thin layer- about 5-10 seconds and you are good to go!

The only real fault I have with this is the packaging. It's perfect for keeping around the house and there are no fears of it leaking there but if you wanted to take this on holiday or even just have it in your bag for day to day use you will need to get a better container for it. You can pick up little pump bottles in boots and the chemist for a €1-2 so it's not that big of a deal really :)

The Aloe rescue gel costs €10.99 for 110g. You can buy it from the Pixy website

Really cannot recommend this enough for your hands and cuticles. It just works wonders on them. Trust me, try this and then kick yourself for not listening to me sooner :P

Cuti-CLUE-les
**Product was provided for review**

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm bookmarking their site for when I've spare pennies xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have the best products! I use this every day but there is hardly any gone from the tin. x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Love it! It lasts for ages too which is great.

      Delete
  3. oooh!!!! Must give this a try!!
    :) Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so good! I have to try this now! :D Thanks for the review ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :D I'm delighted with it so I had to let ye know x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les