07 September 2012

"Hang on to your diapies babies, we're going in!"


Hey all!

Today I have some nail art for you! I know it's been a while since I had some proper nail art but I really haven't been inspired to do anything serious so I decided to just keep my nails plain for a while. I really enjoy plain nails now. Before the summer I would always get so bored with them. Kind of pointless buying nail polish to just cover it up with nail art all of the time!

I really don't know why I went for the Rugrats! They are adorable though. I watched the original show when I was younger.
I had such a hard time picking the characters. Originally I was going to do Tommy, Chuckie, Phil and Angelica until I realized one of their heads would  have to be tiny to fit on my pinky finger :P I knew Tommy would have to appear so I just winged it and added in the characters as I went along.
From left to right: Chuckie, Tommy, Lil and the ball from Tommy's playpen.
This is the nail art based on the Baby blues manicure! Which probably explains why it's called Baby Blues ;)

For the base I have one Barry m blueberry icecream on my index, middle and pinky finger. Barry m pink flamingo is on my ring finger but like I said in the Baby Blues post the colour was completely covered by nail art in the end. Not intentionally by the way! Angelica was supposed to go  on that nail but I think Lil is far more adorable and baby like :)

All of the details are done in acrylic paint . I sealed it with Seche Vite topcoat because it was really late when I finished and I knew it would smudge or come off when I showered so a topcoat was vital! Seche dries quickly too so it's handy to pop on in these situations.

 I hope ye liked this manicure! I can't believe it's been so long but I have one or two more bits of nail art to pop up in the coming weeks.

Who is your favourite rugrat? Mine was Tommy. Such a dote!

Cuti-CLUE-les


26 comments:

  1. Oh my god, this is INSANE! So cool, love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee hee, me likey! I used to enjoy watching rugrats those days! I love seeing cartoon/comic inspired manicures. They are always refreshing to look at. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you so much! I'm thrilled you like them :D

      Delete
  3. So freaking good, I'm in love with this it's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are really fantastic, I used to love the Rugrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh, these are super cute. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I'm delighted ye all like them :)

      Delete
  6. OMG, it was so long ago I watched rugrat, however it was called something else in sweden ofcause which I don't remeber. Nice nail art anyhow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, I want to be little again, I loved the rugrats, Chuckie was probably my favourite and Angelica and not forgetting Tommy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chuckie was adorable. The original line up was the best! kimi and dil were so boring :/

      Delete
  8. So fun! I admit I never watched Rugrats--probably because I am so old. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm seriously tempted to buy the dvds just to have on as background noise :P

      Delete
  9. I used to love The Rugrats! This mani is so cute! Nice choice of Lil over Angelica; Angelica was always the bully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeh I thought the same when I was painting her eyes. She didn't fit in with the manicure in the end :P

      Delete
  10. I LOVE IT! I used to love this show and now my kids do! They call it "stinky babies" lol You did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Tishana! I'm so happy people remember the show!

      Delete
  11. I love it, I still have my Chuckie mug :) I think Tommy was my original favourite but I really appreciate Angelica now hahah :) Fantastic work xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know what you mean. You have to put yourself in their nappies to get on their side ;) Ah I wish I had a mug. They have to bring that show back properly. Not the teen version. Thank you :D xx

      Delete
  12. I knew it would be Rugrats as soon as I read the title, has been a long time since i've watched it. This is amazing, can't believe you've managed to get such detail on your nails! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's such a cute quote :P Thank you! It wasn't the hardest manicure but it took a lot of patience ;) xx

      Delete
  13. I don't know this show, but your nails look so cool!! How long did this take to paint? It looks so difficult to do :) Great job!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you didn't have the Rugrats!! Seriously check the on youtube. They are thee cutest little cartoon babies ever. It didn't take too long. Maybe an hour or two? It was so much fun :D Thanks! x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les