28 September 2012

Stop mickey-ing a fool outta me


Hey all!

Thank feck it's Friday!! This week was pure mental. I cannot wait for the weekend to catch up on work and to get some sleep.I haven't posted any nail art this week so I thought I'd pop one up for ye :) I did this a while ago so my nails are a teeny bit longer.
Here are my mickey and minnie mouse nails. They didn't turn out as well as I wanted but I think my nails were too long at the time. It was really hard to get the symmetry right :P These were just done spur of them moment before college started back. I hadn't planned on doing nail art but when I did the french manicure with the red and white I instantly thought of Minnie mouse so I couldn't not give it a go!  I free-handed it all so excuse the dodgy looking french twist. I base the lines on my nail line so sometimes they don't look perfect.  In fairness I took it off after taking pictures so it wasn't a bother like :P
I used my acrylic paints for Mickey and Minnie's faces. For the bow and the red tips I used Nail the bytch lick or ish bytch. The white tip and the dots in the bow are done using my Kiss nail polish striper in white (duh!) The pink base is Catrice Miss piggy reloaded.  It's fairly sheer so I needed 3 coats to cover the yellow of my nails.Fairly simple and you only need a couple of colours so it's easy to re-create if ye feel the need to do so. I really like the french manicure twist. I think pink, white and red are perfect for each other and they'd suit everyone. Sure even if they don't suit you, wear them if you like them :) Don't mind what other people think.

I had a bit of a blackout there yesterday. I heard Tommy Tiernan (Irish comedian) was doing a gig and I convinced myself it was on Saturday and I was gutted I couldn't go until my friend pointed out it's actually on next month :P So at least I might have something to look forward to next month :D I'll leave ye with a clip of his show to end your week on a high ;)

Cuti-CLUE-les

16 comments:

  1. Awww these are adorable! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah these are so cute come do my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute! And your sketches are cool as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome are these?!? Are you a sketcher? The way you sketched these it looks like you've had some art classes. Or are you just naturally talented? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh god no! We had to do art in secondary school. It was my favourite class! I wish I kept it on but art schools are fairly spread out over here :(

      Delete
  5. Very funny! Lol And I always get impressed by your painting skills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Lani, that's so nice to know!x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les