11 September 2012

Summer in Autumn

Hey all,

I seriously cannot pick a polish to post so I decided to throw some old pictures at ye :) These were taken a while ago for my Smitten polish review and I completely forgot about them. My nails are a fair bit longer in these pictures. 

This is Nails inc Summer place. This is actually a mini bottle in case ye think I have shovels for hands :P I love ple yellow polish even though it's probably not the best colour for pale skin.  I think it's so subtle and pretty like a nide but the colour adds a bit of excitement to the manicure. Plus if you get bored of it mid-week ( I leave polish on for a week when I'm at college) you can always throw on a bit of glitter or a snazzy topcoat to give it a bit more life without it looking too overdone and a bit of an eye-sore.
Hmm I'm starting to get the idea that I think about nail polish a bit too much! Seriously though you do not want to have a manicure that bores you.  There's no fun in that at all and you'll be dying to take it off.

The formula on Nails inc polish is always a little bit tricky. You really have to take your time and have a steady-ish hand just to avoid major clean up at the end. I needed three coats and I still wasn't happy with the coverage at the end. The only reason I stopped there is because I knew the topper polish would cover any flaws and streaks so it was grand. I covered this with Smitten Polish Pink Lemonade in this post in case ye missed it. I love summer place but the formula is a bit awkward for me. Probably wouldn't buy the full sized bottle if I ran out. It's really hard to find a good pale yellow anyway.

Overall it's an OK polish. Nice colour but streaky and difficult to apply. Any recommendations for a good pale yellow creme? The full size Summer place polish costs £11 on the Nails Inc website. Personally I would not recommend spending that amount on this polish. It's not worth it with the formula it has.

Cuti-CLUE-les

2 comments:

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les