17 September 2012

Teal-icious!!

Hey all!

I found my memory stick! it was in my pencil case of all places. No idea how it got there but I'm happy out that I have it back. I only bought 2 polishes from the recent China Glaze on Safari collection. I know everyone is infatuated with the glitters but to be honest they are nothing special. I decided to go for the more unusual polishes that would really make a difference to my stash. First up is China Glaze Exotic Encounters...

This is actually the manicure I wore the week before last for my first week back at college. It was a disaster by the way but I am in love with this polish! This polish actually makes me want to buy loads more China Glazes polishes! I only have one other teal polish in my stash and that's more of a foil so I really wanted to get a creme. Love creme polish, it's so easy to work with and it just looks so clean and gorgeous to me. Exotic encounters is a dusty teal. It's a bit darker than I thought it would be but to be honest I'm really glad it is! it looks so pretty and I really did not want to take it off after a week. I really like it on my short nails too. I'm not sure what it would be like on super long nails. I think short nails just make the colour look more intense.
I only needed to do 2 coats for full coverage. The formula on Exotic encounters was flawless. It basically applied itself! So smooth and easy to control. I was able to get a neat enough curve around my cuticle's with the brush. I like how thin the brush it because you can work with it to get a nice shape. It dried quickly so no fear of denting or smudging your manicure. It's a unique enough colour as it's not just pure teal. The dustiness really gives it a lovely look. I got a load of compliments on this polish which has not happened for quite a while let me tell you!




 I'd say this is the best polish from the China Glaze On Safari collection. It's pretty perfect in my eyes! It's super glossy on it's own but definitely use a topcoat. I had a bit of tip wear on day two and it bugged the hell out of me.

What manicure are ye wearing at the moment? I always love seeing what colours people choose to wear. I honestly couldn't wear the same colour for more than a week. When you change your manicure it feels like you are getting rid of all the bad things that happened during the week too. It always makes me feel better when I get to change mine after a bad week anyway :)

Cuti-CLUE-les



18 comments:

  1. I have this and Man Hunt, and I adore them both. I totally agree with you about creme polishes, it's without a doubt my favourite finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Creme is just so much easier to get right! Oh I have googled man hunt before and it's gorgeous

      Delete
  2. Holy crap I am actually so in love with your shorties! Like maybe even more than any other length, it looks very chic on you! AND THIS COLOR! Oh my goodness I NEED it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this colour! it's gorgeous and so nice to look at during the day. You do need this :P Seriously! And Thank you :D x

      Delete
  3. Exotic Encounters and your short nails are totally meant for each other. LOVE! It's gorgeous... I think I need to buy this one too now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's so pretty and you'll get loads of use out of it :)

      Delete
  4. This is an amazing colour! I have no idea why I passed on it last time, but I'll definitely have to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a bit deceiving in the bottle. Definitely shines once you put it on your nails. You'll love wearing it

      Delete
  5. I think I have a crush on teal polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally understand that :P They are so underestimated!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is! I just need a lighter teal and I'm set :P

      Delete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous; though I'd like it to be a tad more greenish. And I agree, such fun colours do look better on shorter nails.
    Funny thing, I too am at the moment wearing (my one and only) China Glaze, "Urban-night", a wonderful plum ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of that China Glaze Polish! I have to google it now :P
      I actually thought it would be lighter on the nail too! It's really a surprising polish but in a good way

      Delete
  8. Oh this is very gorgeous! I never wear my polish for more than a week, most of the time mine last 2-3 days. One day plain, then after that I do art on them most of the time. Surprisingly right now my nails are nekkid O.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like wearing them for more than a week but with college and stuff I have no choice :( It's a pain sometimes

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les