05 September 2012

Trist-am shout...

Hey all!

(Say the title like this )This week has been so crazy! So many ups and downs but I am making the most of it all I think! I'm really making an effort to do as much work as I can this year so I really hope it pays off.  I have a day off tomorrow so I'm going to get the nail art that I mentioned in the Baby Blues post all edited.

I wan't sure what polish to show ye today. I have China Glaze exotic Encounters on at the moment but these pictures were easier to get hold off :P This is A-England Tristam. I bought this a few weeks ago during the Mythical 5 day sale event. I wasn't in the mood to wear it but we got a gorgeous sunny day which I thought would really show off the polish so I quickly put it on.This is my first A-England polish so I was really excited to final get to try them out. Everyone has heard of A-England in the polish world so I was expecting great things!  A-England polish costs £9 with free shipping and you get a 13ml bottle. 
 I have on a base coat because even though I knew this wouldn't be on my nails for long, It's a dark blue and blues stain like a bitch. I have on 2 coats of Tristam which covered beautifully! Really easy to apply and the thin brush makes getting a curve around your cuticle so quick and eacy to do without a single problem. So impressed with the formula on Tristam if you haven't already noticed haha. If you struggle with applying nail polish neatly ( even the best of addicts can have problems so no shame in it!) Tristam will be a go-to polish for you. Guaranteed perfect manicure every time! Oh and my middle nail looks far longer than the rest of my nails. It's not. It's just the way I was holding my hand to get the picture :P
Now Tristam sides more with purple than blue. A huge let down for me. I'm not a huge purple fan and swatches always show Tristam as a deep blue. Disappointed. The holographic particles are more scattered than I thought. The camera really picked up on them which is great but in real life they are not a defined and obvious. A few people commented saying that they didn't like this polish and the holo just wasn't noticeable at all. I was really upset by that because I thought it would be a really eye-catching and making a talking point but it turned out to be a a bit of a dud for me. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price for this one. I am still interested in getting St George and Dragon but I am really wary of them now so I might hold off on them for another while.

I've seen a lot of people apologise when they write a negative post about a polish and I really don't understand it. Everyone is entitled to their own view and you might save someone the hassle of wasting their money on something that will not live up to their expectations.

 Have you ever bought a polish that was really hyped up and ended up really disappointed by it?

Cuti-CLUE-les


20 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I don't know how some bloggers manage to get photos with such a strong linear holographic! I absolutely love Tristam, but when some photos show it as super holographic, I think it just leads to disappointment. Also, Saint George is sooo gorgeous haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lightboxes are always used and lighting systems. They have amamzing pictures but that's no good when they are completely inaccurate. I was so disappointed.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about opinions! I bought the rather hyped Butter London Trout Pout and I felt the quality wasn't worth my $14. I loved the other BL ones I purchased, but not Trout Pout.

    I've been hearing about A England here and there and really want to try it myself. Maybe as a Christmas gift to myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The polish is amazing. Great application and the colours are pretty. Definitely check out a load of swatches of the polish you want before you get it though :)

      Delete
  3. I actually loved it, gorgeous polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's grand. I'll probably use it again but I don't think it's one I'd really recommend yet. I'll have to wear it a few more times.

      Delete
  4. I adore it, this is one of my favourite nail polishes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I went for a different one. It's too purple for my liking and the holo isn't as amazing as people have made it out to be.

      Delete
  5. Ohh this is such a nice dark blue but i can definitely see how it doesn't seem very holo. seems more like a blue glitter. Think i would still be interested to get it but wait until there's a sale day for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I'd wait for the sale too. It's a lovely polish but it's not what it's hyped up to be :)

      Delete
  6. I love it & I'm so thankful to you for getting it for me! I didn't look up many swatches beforehand so didn't know what to expect, but I love the colour. Subtle yet holo enough for me to catch myself randomly staring at my nails. Although, the brush can just go and die. Hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted you liked it! I always check swatches before I buy a polish which is my downfall really :( x

      Delete
  7. I still think it looks gorgeous on you! :) Oh and I love the blog post title! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks :D Took me ages to think up that one!!

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry you didn't like it, it's one of my all time favourites. But be brave and try St George at the very least. It's the nicest blue holo I own, more of a teal than a royal blue, one coat and lasts ages. Adrian is such a nice lady to deal with, maybe you could ask her advice. Dragon is a beautiful colour but more scattered holo, as is Lady of the Lake. Princess Sabra is a very strong holo and beautiful. I hope you get one you like, A England has to be my favourite indie brand, with Cirque coming a close second. Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think St George and Dragon are the only ones I really really really want to try at the moment but I think I need to read more reviews before I buy them. I love the application and the bottles but if they turn out as disappointing as tristam it would be a bit of a waste of time for me :( I'm going to check out Princess Sabra now though :D Thanks for the recommendation :) x

      Delete
  9. Adrian? Damn auto correct...I mean Adina...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know it always catches me out too :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les