30 September 2012

You're irreplaceable...

Hey all!

No seriously this is irreplaceable...it's another one of the polishes Essence decided to get rid of. Now I love the brand (cheap and great quality) but their team behind which polish stays and goes are as thick!  Anyway on to the swatches....

Essence Irreplaceable is obviously in the old style bottle that contains 5 ml of polish. I prefer these bottles but I like the fact that the new ones use the same brush as Catrice polish. Not great for ladies and gents with thinner nails but I have man hands so they're grand for me.
Now for those thinking that I'm an awful bitch for showing a polish ye can't get well I have good news for ye! China Glaze Fast Track and Irreplaceable are fairly similar. From swatches I think Fast track is more golden but it's always hard to discern these facts because the camera could be playing tricks altogether. Both have the same golden shimmer running through them which catches the light beautifully  I think this would look amazing on slighter more tanned/darker skin tones.

These next two pictures were taken on the Hill of Tara in Co Meath. It's an awful important archaeological site and part of our history (although the stupid government still thought it was a great idea to put a road through it. Corruption is a bitch!). I thought I might as well take a few swatch pictures while I was down there and make this post a little but more special :P

Back to the polish! This is 2 coats of Essence Irreplaceable with a coat of seche vite on top. I actually had Barry M mushroom picked out for this week but it chipped after a few hours and I had to take it off :( Irreplaceable lasted beautifully though and there was no sign of tip wear or chips after 6 days! These pictures were taken on day 6. It applied perfectly too as is common with most Essence polishes. Now this is fairly subtle on the nails so don't expect to be blinded shimmery goodness when you put it on!  It looks a bit off on me in real life because I am fairly pale but it's still a great polish. Huge thanks to Chiro from Nail of this week for giving it to me! This was on my wishlist for ages and I thought it was long gone but apparently Germany keeps hold of their polish for ages :)

What do think of Essence irreplaceable? I think this would make an amazing base for a french manicure twist.

If you could get any polish in the world right now, what would it be?

Cuti-CLUE-les



19 comments:

  1. I wish we got Essence over here! We should do a nail polish swap sometime :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Essence have some amazing colours and dupes :)

      Delete
  2. SOOOO pretty! Love the shimmer in this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, I keep kicking myself for not picking up more of the ones I liked before they got rid of all the nice ones & brought out all the mainstream crap ones :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. sure we barely got warning before they were all thrown out of my shop! it was pure pointless like x

      Delete
  4. The first thing I thought was that it looked a whole lot like Fast Track! Although, now that I'm holding my bottle of Fast Track, I feel like Irreplaceable leans more towards taupe while Fast Track is more beige. The base color for Irreplaceable seems more similar to Orly's Nite Owl, however it has silver shimmer instead of gold as in Irreplaceable.

    LOL, you have me pulling out my nail polish to compare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I wish I had them to compare! would have made it so much easier :P I'm really glad you checked though :)

      Delete
  5. Such a subtle and elegant colour. Not one I would wear but I think it looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cel! I rarely wear subtle shades anymore but I'm glad I have this one in my stash :)

      Delete
  6. I have this colour. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it really is unusual and pretty :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Awh really! I don't even know if I have a favourite yet :P i'm still looking ;)

      Delete
  8. I love Essence, but the fact that they discontinue their best polishes really starts to annoy me ... and they do it so often! :/ But this really is a gorgeous color! I really regret not picking one up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know like they should at least consult us before making any decisions :P

      Delete
  9. Oh boo, Essence! I live Irreplaceable too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. haha i honestly didn't even notice the typo! essence are amazing. I just wish their new stuff was as exciting :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les