15 September 2012

Zorange you unusual

Hey all!

I lost my memory stick with all my blog pictures on it. I am getting ridiculously forgetful it's actually shocking. Thankfully I have a few picture posts already drafted since my internet is about reliable as my memory at the moment. You wouldn't mind but I have a really special indie polish to show ye but the pictures are on my memory stick (typical!)
Here's a manicure I had on while testing out the nouvella nail wraps that I blogged about here.  I bought Zoya Paz a while back so it was time to get some wear out of it! Zoya are actually fairly dear so I don't really go for them unless the colours are really  eye-catching. I was a little disappointed with how sheer it was. It's more of a jelly neon orange. It always seems to show a bit of my nail even with 3 coats. I still think it's a pretty gorgeous neon orange though I am a tad disappointed. I'll definitely get some wear out of it though. Oh and my skin is all dry around my cuticles because of the Essence Cuticle remover. I've stopped using it now though :) Also the picture below was taken before clean up! Seriously don't know why I didn't get more pictures? I think these were taken at night.


I have on two coats of Nails inc Atomic because I didn't think this would ever become opaque :P  Then I added on 2 coats of Zoya Paz. It took forever to dry! like I managed to dent it a lot the next day. You could see the dents from far away! For such an expensive polish I though the drying time would be great. I will definitely use a fast drying topcoat the next time even though it will take away the matte topcoat which I actually really like but oh well. Nothing I can really do about that.

Paz is a fairly neon orange. You can see how pale my skin looks (a bit more than usual haha) Always a sign of a good neon. I added on an accent nail just to see how the two would work with each other. I liked the way this looked in real life but it looks a bit odd in pictures for some reason :/ I probably would do this combination again though. The nail wraps are a pain to put on and I actually really like orange nail polish so I'd sooner wear it on its own.

Are ye orange polish fans? People seem to really dislike it. I think it's pretty and so eye-catching. I hope ye had a good week :) 

Cuti-CLUE-les


13 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, I love the accent nail! After buying so much orange nail polish last week, I thin I'll have to try this out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! Oh definitely give it a go. I love orange polish. It's an instant uplift when you look down at your nails. So bright and cheery looking! x

      Delete
  2. Wow, this must be so bright in real life! :D I love the accent nail, looks good! And I always loved orange, but it doesn't always suit me. But since I got Riveting I wear a lot more orange polish :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I never thought orange was a good nail polish one anyone! It's not until you find one that you really like that you start appreciating it :) I don't mind if a polish doesn't suit me as long as I like it haha

      Delete
  3. I actually really like this, its so vibrant! Pity it was sheer, but i think sometimes with such vibrant colours you often get visible nail line...

    I've never owned a Zoya before but this one looks really good but boo for the drying time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eek i meant to say i loved the accent nail!

      Delete
    2. I think you are right. I think it is worth the hassle though. Now that I know what the drying time is like I'll be sure to use thinner coats and to give it extra time to dry :) Thanks!!

      Delete
  4. I love it! The accent nail isn't my cup of tea, but the color combination is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D yeh the accent is honestly a bit hit and miss :)

      Delete
  5. I love the accent nail hun! It looks amazing with that orange :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful manicure!! The accent nail just makes the orange pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Angie! Delighted you like it :) The orange is amazing. Definitely a neon :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les