29 October 2012

A stroke of kindness

Hey all,


Essie A stroke of brilliance is my first Essie polish. It was sent to me by the Lovely Kaki from GlitterObsession.  Essie are fairly dear so it's not a brand that I can run out and stock up on which is a shame because I really love this polish. It's an unusual glitter. It lies a bit flat and doesn't really sparkle in the sun at all. I like it a lot though! I have used this about 3 times already which is a lot for me. I like glitter but I rarely use it on a day to day basis. This makes an amazing accent nail too.  This would need a fair load of coats to be opaque so you'll be better off just layering it :) It works with pretty much every polish anyway so it's a great little versatile glitter.




I have one coat over Catrice Sold out forever (new version). I wore this a while back with an accent nail and I loved the combination. The two blues just go really well together.  A stroke of brilliance dries really quickly which is handy. I think this would look great teamed with a holographic polish but I don't have one so I can't test that out yet.
I wish essie were a bit cheaper. At the moment each one costs €13 in boots which is ridiculous.  I know you can get them in TK Maxx but I only ever like one colour so it works out at the same price. A stroke of brilliance is pretty cool though so definitely check it out if ye get the chance.

Is there one brand you refuse to get because it is so overpriced?

Cuti-CLUE-les







18 comments:

  1. love this one.
    the glitter looks great and I love it's colour.
    I actually love Essie en the local drugstores make are having discounts on it alot lately. From the 10 bottle I have 5 of them costed only €5,- each. So I guess that's a good price.
    I refuse to buy Koh because I think it's overpriced with €13,- a bottle.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's a great deal! I'd pay that for essie no bother :P
      I haven't heard of Kohl but any polish in general costing €13 in a big no no for me

      Delete
  2. It's one of my favorites actually - Essie is such an amazing polish! It is such a shame they are so spendy for you. I have a hard time swallowing 8.00 a bottle here. But they are so worth it anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try out more of them. I have seen a few that I really want but I'll probably have to resort to ebay.

      Delete
  3. How do you get your nails so perfect?? Another gorgeous look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh :D thanks! They are far from perfect :P I use a concealer brush to clean up the sides ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice. I just purchased A Stroke of Brilliance but wasn't sure how to layer it. Currently, I'm trying out A Cut Above and it's pretty fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great polish. I love it over the blue but I really want to pair it with some bright glitters too

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you like it! I really loved it over light/white polishes and it really stood out. It is interesting isn't it? Kinda matte, kinda blue, kinda purple. Love it on you! Thankfully here Essie are just a tad pricey at drugstores but not over the top. I haven't purchased any Chanel or Lynderellas just because of the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohhh white is on my list to try now. I completely agree with you on chanel and lynderella though. I like a few chanel polishes but they are way too dear and I heard the quality was fairly awful for the price.

      Delete
  6. Loving glitter nail polish at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buying it but I don't wear it often enough :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les