11 October 2012

High five for hand gel!

Hey all,

Now ye all know i am fairly fond of hand creams and hand sanitizers  or hand gel (whatever you call them) so I thought I'd do a hand gel comparison for ye today! Believe it or not, there are actually really different from each other in terms of price and quality so I think it's important to test them out and find the best one for you.

 I used to always just buy the cheapest hand gel I could find. As long as it was a big tube and it was cheap I would get it! I didn't even know if they were cruelty free or not. It didn't really bother me at the time. The Cuticura hand gel is actually the first hand gel I bought. I got it 2 years ago for college and it has lasted me a fair while. In the bottle you really get the citrus scent which I like. It's really refreshing and leaves your hands feeling clean but sticky which is annoying. When you rub this into your hands all you get is the smell of alcohol and it is STRONG! People would turn around and look at me when I used this thinking I was an alcoholic just having a naggin halfway through a lecture. You can pick these up for around €2-3 for 100ml
 The body shop sweet lemon hand gel doesn't have the overpowering scent and smells a lot more citrus like. The bottle is far nicer too. It looks nice and neat and I prefer the clear gel.  The Body shop are cruelty-free which makes me more inclined to shop with them. They are a bit more expensive at €4.50 for 60ml but I think the quality is far better and it leaves my hands really clean and fresh.
 On the left is Cuticura citrus gel and the right the body shop sweet lemon gel.  The Cuticura is really watery and you always end up with too much on your hand. It leaves your hand a bit sticky too. The formula on  the body shop gel was more gel like and a little went a long way without leaving a sticky feeling.



 All in all I would go for the Body shop hand gel in future. It's cruelty free and it just has a great formula. You can get a whole load of different scents too which I like. I still have about a quarter of my Body shop gel left. I'm thinking of trying the soap and glory one next or just getting a different scent in the Body shop range. Life changing decision right there :P I really want to try the american Bath and body works ones. All the American people in my module have them and they look adorable (the hand gel....not the Americans....)

Cuti-CLUE-les


12 comments:

  1. I used to use bath and body gels all the time until I developed an allergy to them. So now I use Purell sparingly (my husbands). Then switch to Crabtree and Evelyn and I'm allergic to that too... get rashes between my fingers and at the tops of my palms. Back to soap and water.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg that's awful :( Who knew cleanliness could be so damn irritating :P

      Delete
  2. I use a gel from 3M that is actually non-drying but it's very expensive! It's what they used at Mayo Clinic and I ordered a whole case!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn go you! I'd love to have a little hoard of scented hand gel that I could switch around to suit my needs on a particular day ;)

      Delete
  3. The one from the bodyshop seems to bed quitte Nice!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant, I really like it ! I actually need to get another one asap

      Delete
  4. I love the bodyshop hand gels!! I am currently using the pink grapefruit one (love) and for some unknown reason picked up the coconut one on saturday when it's a real hit or miss scent with me (some coconut scents make me gag) wish I'd spotted this one xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh good call on the grapefruit one! I'm going to check that out tomorrow.
      Yeh some scents are woeful. The lemon is pretty nice though :)

      Delete
  5. I'm obsessed with hand gels, can't go anywhere without one! Don't know how I lived until they were invented:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honest to god! I remember when it first got popular with the swine flu epidemic and I was like "meh it's grand sure soap will do" :P

      Delete
  6. The Soap and Glory hand sanitiser smells lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to try it. Such a cute bottle too!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les