31 October 2012

Rotting flesh

Hey all,

I tried to recreate a rotting flesh look. It looks grand in the pictures but it didn't really do it for me in real life. I think I should have gone with a deeper red. No harm!
This is another fairly simple manicure to do. It's pretty much the acid wash jeans look that was going around a few months ago. All you do is layer two different polishes over each other, get a cotton bud and dip it in nail polish remover and drag it over the manicure when it has dried. I highly recommend using acetone remover. Non-acetone didn't really take anything off so I had to really push down on it. Hence the crappy end result :P It was a nightmare to be fair. It looked great in my head but on my nails it just didn't translate well enough.

 Here I have on 2 coats of Catrice Caught on the red carpet. This is a gorgeous blood red jelly. It was actually one of my Catrice polishes too! On top of that I have 2 coats of Illamasqua monogamous. A gorgeous nude creme with a matte finish. After I did the cotton bud technique I put on a layer of Essence quick dry topcoat. It's not great now but I think a topcoat saved this manicure a bit :P
If you are going to try this I really suggest A) using an opaque polish. Both Catrice and illamasqua worked well for me and B) using a quick drying polish. You don't want to be waiting around for ages for this to dry when you are going over it with acetone later on.


So that was my Rotting flesh manicure. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween manicure's so I'm glad it's only on for one day :) Christmas manicure's are way more fun!

Oh and Happy Halloween! xoxo

Cuti-CLUE-les


10 comments:

  1. Icky!! You did a good job making it super creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with these! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit here, the textured look that I'm assuming happened with the non-acetone remover only adds to the "rotting" part, imo.
    It looks like a horror movie, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the non-acetone or the cotton bud! I'm really glad you like it :D I'm starting to warm to it (bit late I know haha) x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you think so :) x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les