05 November 2012

The Lazy 15 challenge day two- Gradient

Hey all,


Day 2 of the Lazy 15 challenge is a gradient. 

I'm not a huge fan of gradients. They look nice enough but it's not something I'd be inclined to go for  on a day to day basis. I'm glad this was included in the challenge though, otherwise I'd never really get to practice something new :) 
I wasn't sure what colours would look good together so I popped in a nude. Nude polish goes with every colour so it reduced the failure rate significantly haha.
I just used a normal sponge to do the gradient effect. I know you're supposed to use make-up sponges because they're smooth but I don't have any so sponge had to do! The effect still came out though so you can definitely get away with a sponge if you use really opaque polish.

I used Essence Nude it for the nude polish base. The dusty orange polish is Jesse's girl Beauty Guru. This was actually sent to me by the amazingly sweet Rachael from Phoenix Nails. Rachael is actually taking part in this challenge too so definitely check out her blog :)
I did 2 layers to really intensify the colour. The first coat looked a bit watery. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. I tried it a few days ago with 2 different sets of polish and a different method and it looked woeful.  I topped it off with Essence Quick dry topcoat just to smooth it out. A topcoat helps to blend the polishes together too.


 What are your favourite colours to use for a gradient?

Cuti-CLUE-les





15 comments:

  1. I would never have put these two colors together. It looks so cool! Like fruit or something! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks :D I didn't think they would work either!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I think it's cute, these 2 colours work well together.
    I once tried my 2 fave (green & purple) - nope, not one of my bestest ideas :) (I used a light-ish green, a darker one would be better, I s'pose); next time I used orange & yellow and it was perfect, it reminded me of sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used orange and yellow before on a summer challenge! They look amazing together.

      Delete
  3. This looks great, I always use a kitchen sponge for my gradients because I never remember to buy makeup sponges! They work fine for me too! My favourite colours for gradients are bright neons or metallics x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried kitchen paper too! The textured stuff is the best :D Oh I'd love to do a neon one. I have to practice a bit more first :P

      Delete
  4. The gradient looks awesome, makes me think of some cocktail you would drink lying on the beach :)

    Is there a way I could get the inlinkz code for the challenge, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can indeed :) It's on Nails4Dummies page here at the bottom http://nails4dummies.blogspot.ie/2012/11/the-lazy-15-challenge-mani-1-tape-mani.html

      Delete
  5. Ooh nice job I wouldn't know where to begin with something like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just paint both onto a sponge and dab it on my nails until the two blend together :P Probably not the right way but sure it works like :D x

      Delete
  6. I generally go with bright, loud colors for just about anything, they fit my personality but you know that already! This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bright manicures too but I could not get them to translate well enough on my nails for this one so I gave up :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les