12 November 2012

The Lazy 15 day five- Galaxy Nails

Hey all,

 Galaxy nail art is harder than it looks :P This is my first real go at doing them. I think the best thing about trying out these challenge's (aside from getting to know other bloggers) is getting to try out new nail art looks! I used to be awful fond of the galaxy nail look but to be honest it's not something I would go for now. It looks amazing in pictures but I can't imagine wearing it out and about.

Anyway! Galaxy nail art didn't take as long as I expected it to but it was a bit fiddly. I mixed it up and used a mixture of Acrylic paint and nail polish but applied all of it (abar the base) with a sponge.  Acrylic paint always ends up lumpy so a topcoat is essential! I use Seche vite and certain nails needed 2 coats to get them nice and smooth. Thankfully it dries really quickly so you never have to worry about them smudging :)

I just filed my nails down again. They were fairly uneven and it was bugging me a lot so I had to nub them. I kind of like them short but it means some of my swatches will feature longer nails next week as I had them done before this :P They grow fairly rapid anyway so I'm happy out. Plus it made this challenge a bit easier!


I have on a base of Essence Black is back. A gorgeous, glossy black creme that is basically hidden with all of the acrylic paint I have on top of it but sure no harm. Then I used red, yellow, black and white acrylic paint and sponged it on to get the galaxy design onto the nail. I added on a coat of Catrice Have an Ice day, a holographic glitter which actually made it look a million times better. It was like stars twinkling in the sky every time I moved my hand. So pretty. I topped it off with seche and that was it! I know it's not the traditional Galaxy look (more like a volcano) but I'm pretty pleased with it. I doubt I'll do another one again soon but I'm seriously happy I managed to get a decent one for the challenge :)


Cuti-CLUE-les







40 comments:

  1. These are amazing!!!! I haven't even done mine yet -_- an to be honest I'm not sure I can pull them off lol! But yours are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! haha I do not envy you right now :P I think I threw the paint onto the table when I was finished :P I am dying to see your one though :D x

      Delete
  2. That's awesome. I did my galaxy nails with more pastel colors instead so all these vibrant colors you're using is rather different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oohhh A pastel one sounds gorgeous though! I love using bright colours but it made it a bit harder to blend :(

      Delete
  3. These turned out great! I love how you incorporated red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thanks Jamie!!! Delighted you like it

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love it! Especially 'cause it's done a bit different than the usual galaxy mani you can see out there.. and I LOVE how the top coat creates this twinkly stars effect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I love the twinkly polish! I kept shaking my hand to see it twinkle haha. Thanks so much

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! Fantastic Art!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would not know where to begin if I was to try this. I would surely fail! You did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried and failed many a time haha thanks a million miss :) x

      Delete
  7. They're awesome, i totally screwed up mine! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no :( I'm sure it looks amazing :D

      Delete
  8. Oh my god these are incredible!!! WOW!!! I'm a giant astronomy and space nerd so I'm actually beyond impressed with these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I am delighted you think so!you are a star (see what I did there? stars? galaxy? oh I crack myself up :P )

      Delete
  9. Wow these are brilliant! Very impressed and can't believe these are your first ones! Very talented...

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING!!! They are so wicked awesome I love them!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks :P I'm glad you commented twice on this! means you really like them :D

      Delete
  11. I really want to try galaxy nails! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, This is gorgeous well done! I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is easily one of the best and most realistic galaxy manis I've ever seen!! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the best comments I have ever gotten! thank you so much xx

      Delete
  14. I think those are quite possibly THE best galaxy nails I've EVER seen! I love the colour combos, they're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mawh you smooth talker you :P ha! thanks a million :D

      Delete
  15. these are one of the best galaxy nails I have ever seen!! amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah that's really great to hear!thanks so much like :D x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les