25 November 2012

The Lazy 15 Day ten- Underwater creature

Hey all,

My last catch up post (for now!) This was due up Friday so I'm not too far behind :D woo!

 I went for the mermaid braid design for this challenge. I really like the look  of this design especially on shorter nail (not too short though!) My ring finger is growing back fairly quickly but it still looks a bit dodgy :P Hopefully it'll be back to normal soon because it's annoying trying to clean up a manicure. The nail polish just clings to the skin and no amount of remover will get it off.
This week I wore China Glaze Holly Day so I just built up on that ( because it was easier and I'm already behind in this challenge haha) I'll post swatches of that soon enough but if you get the chance to buy it-Get it! it's a stunning green creme. You can get it fairly cheap on ebay (I got mine for about €5-6)
 So I started off with 2 coats of China Glaze Holly Day. Then did the braid effect using Nails inc Old Park lance which is a gorgeous metallic rose gold polish. For the blue I used Sally hansen hard as nails Teal Steel for the blue. This was another polish sent to me by the lovely Lindsey from Nails4Dummies. I'll be doing a little haul post soon ;)
I finished the manicure off with a coat of Essence Quick dry topcoat. The finsihed look doesn't look right to me but I can't put my finger on what's wrong with it :P
It did look better in person but Holly day is really difficult to capture accurately for some reason.  Like the french tips I think I need to practice this one a bit more! I think the best thing about not having my acrylic paints around is it forces me to practice with nail polish more often :D

 Cuti-CLUE-les





12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Arletta! You always leave the nicest comments :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this one, might try and copy it at some stage, love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks miss! It's really simple to do so you'll have no problem with it x

      Delete
  3. Cute mani! I love the colors you used! They look great together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I like it! I've been trying to alternate between using my acrylics and my polish for nail art. The acrylics are easier but if I always use them the only polish I would use is white or black for my bases! This is really cute though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean I really love acrylic but I have so much polish it makes more sense to actually use them :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les