15 December 2012

Happy Holly-Day

Hey all!

Sticking with the  Christmas theme I decided it was the perfect time to wear China Glaze Holly Day. Excuse the nubbin on my ring finger. I can't remember how that happened and it was only 2 weeks ago! I think I got a bit happy with the file :P It's back to normal now though so I think this is the only picture with a nubbin (don't take my word for it though)
China Glaze Holly Day came out as part of the Christmas 2011 collection entitled Let it Snow. There are a few beauts from this collection including Holly Day, Blue years eve and Glittering Garland that I'd highly recommend ye check out. I have featured them all in upcoming nail art posts so keep an eye out for them ;)
Holly Day is the perfect green creme. I love dark green polish and I was kicking myself for not picking it up when it first came out. Lucky enough I got it cheaper on ebay a few weeks ago so I snapped this sucker up! I used 2 coats over my usual Essence Nail art protecting base coat. I should have ued 3 because I rushed it and it streaked a bit. Nothing noticeable from afar but it bugged me up close :)
I topped it off with a coat of Seche vite.
I kept this on for a week without chipping. It has a great formula and the quality is amazing. I love the long china glaze brush too. It means you can get a fairly decent curve around your cuticles even if you are in a hurry. Holly Day is a pain in the arse to capture accurately though. These are the only accurate shots I got from about 50!



There is a huge difference in the price of china glaze polish. I paid around €5 for this 14ml bottle and that's pretty much a bargain over here! Even at full price this is definitely worth picking up. Even for the name alone :P It's so adorable!


Cuti-CLUE-les


6 comments:

  1. Ha, I'm about to paint my nails with similar polish; a bit darker green, though, which is more to my liking - American Apparel, "Hunter". I love these shades! (and no, not because of the christmas-y feel, I just simply adore it)
    And wow, what a bargain you got, 5€ for this beauty, well done :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dark green is just the perfect colour!! Plus it makes an amazing base for nail art :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Holly Day! I wear it all the time when I need that medium colored green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's beautiful. Perfect for christmas!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les