07 December 2012

The Lazy challenge Day 15- Inspired by another Blogger's mani

Hey all,

 Today is the last day of the Lazy 15 challenge! I am delighted that I actually finished a challenge. I thought this one was supposed to be inspired by another blogger in this challenge so I wasted so much time trying to find one, recreate it and take pictures. Turns out it was inspired by ANY blogger so I changed mine at the last minute.

This manicure was inspired by one of the nicest and most genuine bloggers I know. She is so friendly and funny and is constantly surprising me. She has been through a few hard times but she recently got married and is back on form again. She is also one of the first bloggers I followed over a year ago. She produces some amazing manicures and she has an enviable stash :PI could trust her with anything and I think she deserves far more recognition than she gets. So who is she? Sharon from Beind Green Eyes!! She also did a recent nail art tutorial on snowflakes that looked soooo pretty but I couldn't recreate it properly so I ended up with teeny tiny snowflakes :P I added in the tree to fill up space to be honest but I'm so thrilled with the end look. Christmas nail art is just so much fun to do.

I started off with a base of Catrice Marilyn and Me. This is a gorgeous red sprinkled with little bits of red glitter. It's a well known dupe of China Glaze Ruby pumps. For the snowflakes I used a base of Kiss nail art paints in silver. I dotted on a center using my dotting tool and Sally Hansen Gilded Lily. Then I striped of a triangle and painted on a single coat of China Glaze Holly Day, When that was nearly dry I topped it of with Red Carpet Lacquer Zoinks!. For the star on the tree I dotted on China Glaze Electrify.  I used a single coat of Seche Vite but I really needed two. China Glaze Electrify is a really needy glitter. Especially when you use dotting tools with it. That glitter can be fairly sharp!

That's it for this challenge!! I'm sad that it's over but I really liked a few of the manicures I came up with. I hope ye enjoyed it too. Let me know which manicure was your favourite :) Don't forget to check out Sharon's blog HERE

Cuti-CLUE-les

14 comments:

  1. Aw that's a lovely story, and I want these nails for Xmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that's so festive, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm delighted with the way it turned out

      Delete
  3. Lovely! This is so festive! Congrats on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so beautiful! So festive and christmas-y and it's a perfect inspired by manicure! Well done on finishing the challenge! All your mani's have been so beautiful and are a tribute to you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thanks Audrey!! that's so nice to hear :) I'm really glad you think they turned out well! festive manicures are the best

      Delete
  5. Oh Roisin, you nearly made me cry! You little star, this was such a lovely post and thanks a million for thinking of me xxx Your nails look amazing (as always) and I loved all the manis you did for this series xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously glad you liked it! Imagine the horror if you turned around and went "that's shite" haha. Ah thanks a million :) you're worth it ;) xx

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les