06 March 2013

Blue me away

Hey all,


Blue nail polish is one of my biggest vices. I buy a lot of them but I never really wear them. I always use them in nail art but I think it's time they played a bigger part.  I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and do a manicure using my striping tape as well.


I started off with 2 coats of Barry M Blueberry icecream, a gorgeous light sky blue. Then I placed strips of striping tape at an angle on all of my nails once the polish had dried. I painted the rest of my nail with Barry M Cyan blue which is just a shade or 2 darker that blueberry icecream. Again once that was dry I placed a strip of striping tape at an angle going in the opposite direction on each nail and finished the final triangle with Barry M Denim. Denim is a matte blue with sparkles which looks exactly like denim. It's also opaque in one coat. I topped it off with a coat of Seche vite just to blend the lines together. Simple!


My triangles aren't perfect but I wasn't trying to get them all to be the same size. I really like the end result and I think it would look amazing with a whole range of colours.

Cuti-CLUE-les

12 comments:

  1. I love the subtle sparkle of the Denim! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another blog post that reminds me to buy striping tape! I don't have Denim but it's a gorgeous colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I have been trying nail art lately so Im gonna have to give this look a shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh brilliant! I can't wait to see it :) x

      Delete
  4. Simple, but effective, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Awh I'm delighted Marian, thank you x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les