19 April 2013

Barry M Waterproof Gel eyeliner and the New Lash Vegas review + swatches

Hey all,


In with the Barry M textured polishes and the Gelly Hi Shine polishes I found some other goodies. I hadn't heard of the Waterproof gel liners before but I was aware of the Lash Vegas Black mascara after their ad popped up a few times. As I said my box was incredibly late (it got lost ) so all of the items should be available right now :)

This is my first go with gel eyeliner and I'm fairly pleased with it. No.1 black isn't incredibly black but it's easy to build up. It's wasn't hard to get a decent line which is great but I think I'd rather have a different brush. The flat brush included really uses up too much product.

Instead of using eye-shadow I added on a line of the silver eyeliner (no.2) to add a bit of colour. I used the champagne colour (no.3) on my waterline. It is more noticeable in real life. I'm no eye expert so this is about as intricate as I can get at the moment :P Finally I threw on a coat of the new Lash Vegas black mascara. Simple for ye but jaysus I was exhausted haha give me nail art any day ;)


Overall I do like the gel eyeliners. Out of the three I think the Champagne shade (no.3) is my favourite. It has a bit of glitter in it and it's a lovely golden shade. Nothing too overbearing so it's perfect for me. The silver shade (no.2) is very nice too. The black isn't my favourite. I'd sooner has something that is pure black. That's just my personal preference though :) The waterproof gel eyeliners are fairly stubborn to remove! They have a 6 month shelf life.

The mascara on the other hand disagreed with me. I don't really like the effect it has on my eye-lashes. I do like the shape of the brush and the packaging is lovely. The formula just isn't for me. The Lash Vegas black mascara comes with 12ml of product £6.49 in boots (I'm not sure how much it is in euro). The mascara has a 9 month shelf life.

So there ye go! This is my first time trying out Barry M cosmetics and I'm glad I finally got the chance. Normally the nail polishes grabs me and nothing else matters :P

Have ye tried any Barry M cosmetics? Any recommendation?

Cuti-CLUE-les

**Products were provided for review**

6 comments:

  1. I actually think I've only ever used barry m polishes too, none of the make up. That black liner looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our stand is fairly limited and the polish takes up more than half! Probably why you'd only really look at the polish :P x

      Delete
  2. I don't think I've ever tried their make-up either, bar one lipstick - did I know they had eye makeup?! I'm not entirely sure... anyway, the mascara looks really good, and the eyeliner (even though I'm afraid of gel eyeliner) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always wanted to try their lipsticks but I heard they are a bit drying. Already have the Sahara on my lips so I don't need any help there x

      Delete
  3. I don't think I have ever tried a single makeup item from Barry M, only nail polishes. I always forget they have makeup too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they always put more effort into advertising the nail polish. That's changed a fair bit now

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les