17 April 2013

In need of a (Vita)Surge?

Hey all,

Today I'd thought I'd review one of my favourite cuticle gels.This is the Sally Hansen VitaSurge cuticle gel. I use this pretty much every time I do my nails and photograph them for the blog so it's after getting a fair bit of use.  This is the first Sally Hansen nail care product I have used and I have to say if this is their standard then I will e checking out more of their products soon.


VitaSurge cuticle gel comes in a glass bottle with a doe foot applicator. It has a slight smell of oranges off of it which is pleasant. As it's a gel it takes no time at all to rub in. The best part about it is the fact that it dries in seconds with a matte finish. When I'm swatching a few polishes in one go it means I can keep my cuticles nice and happy after the barrage of acetone I throw at them without having a wet, glossy look in the pictures.


On the Sally Hansen website they dedscribe the product as having "Multi-active bead infused formula instantly releases a surge of nourishing Vitamin E & Botanical Extracts to condition & hydrate cuticles". I agree with the conditioning and hydrating claims. Regardless of how bad my cuticles look, a quick coat of VitaSurge and they are back on form in time for photo's.


 Each bottle comes with 13.3ml of product which will last an absolute age! I apply the gel fairly regularly and I still have a good third left in the bottle. I believe it costs around $6.80. This was given to me by Kaki a fair while back. I haven't seen it in any Irish store so I'm not sure we can get it here which is a shame. If you can get it handy enough then I'd say definitely give it a go.

Cuti-CLUE-les

12 comments:

  1. I'll keep an eye out for it, sounds excellent. Always really hard to find a good cuticle treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Not much variety in boots at all which is surprising given the amount of nail polish stands :P

      Delete
  2. Oooh this sounds really good! Sally Hansen stuff is fabulous - I tend to go on eBay to get it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love ebay but the postal restricts limit how far I can order stuff now which is frustrating x

      Delete
  3. It looks great, I hate stuff that leaves greasy, wet looking cuticles. Pity we can't get the entire Sally Hansen nail range here, they have some amazing products. Keep an eye on Cara pharmacy, have seen some Sally bits there that I've not seen anywhere else x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the Lush one leaves them awful greasy which is a bit off putting. I love the cara website. Definitely going to keep an eye out for other sally hansen goods

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing this! Sounds like just the thing I need for swatchathons. I plan to see if I can find this next time I'm in a drugstore (which given my love of browsing, should be later today).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) I'd definitely keep an eye out for it. Great for a quick touch up of your cuticles.

      Delete
    2. I did indeed grab a bottle of this over the weekend, and it's great, just like you said. :)

      Delete
    3. ah brilliant! I'm delighted you like it :) thanks for letting me know

      Delete
  5. Hmmm looks interesting! I havent seen it in any Irish shops either but I'll keep a look out for it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les