31 May 2013

Butterfly-Wing nail art tutorial

Hey all,


Today I thought I would do another tutorial. This time I went for the fairly popular Buttery wing nail art design. I remember doing this as part of the Summer Challenge last year and I really liked the end result (I wish my nails were still that long)


Start off with a basecoat to prevent staining (especially if you are using red or blue nail polish) Then add on your colour of choice. I went for a base of Catrice Plum Play with me ...


...then I topped it off with Catrice Dirty Berry. This really made the holographic bits in Dirty Berry pop.


Then I drew a half-circle on the left hand side of my nail. You can choose either side, it makes no difference at all.


Leaving a gap I drew on 3 little lines with a space between each. These will act as the base of the design.


Using the three little lines I painted on three rectangular boxes. I did it fairly roughly as you can clean them up later on.


I filled in the outside of the boxes in black and added some random white dots on the edges.


After a bit of cleaning up I added on a topcoat and there you have it! The butterfly wing design is one of my favourites. You only need three colours and it is so eye-catching. It does not matter if they are not identical. Not all butterfly wings look the same!

If ye have any requests for tutorials then leave me a comment and I'll give them a go.

Cuti-CLUE-les


6 comments:

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les