21 June 2013

Essence Nail art protecting basecoat review

Hey all,


My battered bottle of Essence Nail art protecting base coat. I've had this since October 2012 and I don't think I have reviewed it for ye yet. I'm almost at the end of this bottle and I have to say it is one of my all time favourite basecoats. I got this for €2.49 in Penny's. This works well as a base for every type of nail polish from creme to shimmer, frost to hologaphic. It has a great formula which dries in under a minute and it applies beautifully. The brush is thin which I find works better with basecoats. I would definitely repurchase this if I could find it. It is far better than the Essence 24/7 nail base. I've worn it on its own and it made my nails look so much nicer.

Good:

  • Dries super quick
  • Protects against staining
  • Cheap as chips
  • Doesn't have a strong chemically smell to it
  • 10ml bottle lasts ages 
Bad
  • You can't see how much product you have left in the bottle- It's driving me mental!
  • Seems to be a bit hard to come across in Ireland
Cuti-CLUE-les

12 comments:

  1. I wish we had more access to Essence in the states :( I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really one of the best. I'm annoyed I can't find it :(

      Delete
  2. If i find it I will pick some up for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could find this here in Florida. Sounds like a great base coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, especially for the price.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great base coat...I would love to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep an eye out too, one of our chemists seems to always have a couple of baskets of older Essence & Catrice stuff around. It sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is far better than the other basecoats I have tried from essence. xx

      Delete
  6. I've seen it in Galway if that's any help to you?

    I will say one thing, you have to make sure to let this dry fully. I've used it when it's 'disappeared' but it's not yet dry, meaning I get this wrinkled look when I apply polish over it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in there yesterday and it was gone. I've never had that problem but I will keep an eye out for that. Would be awful annoyed if I ruined my mani for rushing

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les