14 June 2013

Playing with polish

Hey all,


I haven't played around with my neon nail polishes that much so out they popped alongside some striping tape.  I've been meaning to do this manicure for a while but I always forget. Seeing as my nails are much shorter I thought it would be a nice easy manicure to do. I have on China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy (light pink), I'm with the lifeguard (lime green) and Love's a each (pink on the tips). I always used Models own Hedonist (reddish orange) and Zoya Paz (orange)


 I quickly painted on a stripe of each polish, let it dry and placed three bits of striping tape on each nail, covered it with a layer of Essence Black is back and pulled off the striping tape. I topped it off with a coat of Essence Gel look topcoat. Next time I will use 4-5 bits of striping tape so the neon shines through a bit more.

Cuti-CLUE-les


20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hate the mess (it gets everywhere!) but the end result is so much fun

      Delete
  2. I'm impressed! I have never been able to successfully use striping tape. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks class, It reminds me of those drawings we used to do years ago with all the bright crayons then the black crayon on top then scrape designs in! Looks really good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! I completely forgot about that haha. Ah thanks xx

      Delete
  4. I love this! Still have loads of striping tape floating around & have barely had a chance to use it, so need to find all my neons! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for nail art. You can do so many designs with it and it is so cheap xx

      Delete
  5. I have yet to try striping tape. I think I have some somewhere. Maybe next time Mr. K leaves for a boys' trip I'll make the time to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. It can get fairly frustrating but the results are worth it :)

      Delete
  6. Amazing effect, this is so pretty! I absolutely love neons so I love this look! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this - and just have to start following you because you are the only other Roisin I have ever 'met' besides my sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les