07 June 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri review

Hey all,


A new review for ye today. This time it's a topcoat from Sally Hansen. I have nail polish from the brand and I am in love with a few of them (gilded lily is one of my must have nail polishes)  I was sent the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat. It claims to dry any nail colour in under 30 seconds and last up to 10 days without chipping.

China Glaze I'm with the lifeguard

It definitely lives up to its claims. It dries incredibly quickly and it has a gorgeous shine to it. It's not as thick as Seche vite which I prefer and it does not ruin your cuticles or the skin around your nails at all. Something I suffered greatly with when I was using the Seche topcoat.  I believe this costs around €6.95 in boots (I can't remember but it was around that) You get 13.3 ml of product. It has a nice brush. Not too thick or too thin.

Essence Irreplaceable

I have used this in a few manicure so far (as you can see :P ) and I am so pleased with its formula and the end result. I will update this when I have finished the bottle as I am interested to see if it goes gloopy or stringy towards the end.

China Glaze Running in circles

The one negative I have is that it cannot be used on your nail art designs. It makes the nail polish run and pretty much ruins it. Some people won't mind it that much but for me personally that loses marks.

Lac Attack Spring Fling and Catrice Have an Ice day
The Good: 

  • It dries quickly with a nice glossy finish
  • It's relatively inexpensive
  • It has a good amount of product
  • The formula and brush are pretty much perfect
  • Sally Hansen are Cruelty-Free
The Bad:
  • It can make nail polish run so it's not great for stamping or nail art

Cuti-CLUE-les

10 comments:

  1. I love this topcoat too, but unfortunately it does go very stringy and thick as you get to the end of the bottle. Same as any nail polish that gets a lot of use though as it's exposed to the air more so it will dry up! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm hearing that a lot now :( what a shame like. That's true, hopefully it'll last long enough to get the most out of it xx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this top coat! For most of my nail polishes, I can wear them for a full week without any chipping. I have noticed that I seem to experience chipping with Zoya polishes only.

    Towards the last quarter of the bottle, it does get thick and a bit stringy. At which point I always add some thinner and it works fine. I have experienced the running though. For nail art, I have to wait extra to make sure my nails are reasonably dry before using the top coat so it finishes the drying process and eliminates the not quite dry squishyness of my new mani.

    But for the price and performance, I always repurchase it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brilliant. I love how quick it dries without shrinking the manicure. I'm disappointed that it seems to gloop up like Seche but at least it is cheaper and easier to get a hold of. I'll try leaving my nail art for a bit longer the next time. Hopefully that'll stop it running. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. I had a bottle of this and I loved it, but it DID go a bit gloopy right near the end. I'm using Poshe at the minute, it's 3-free and it's really glossy, bloody brilliant stuff x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may try that next. I can't go without the quick drying topcoat. It always gets smudged and sure then the manicure is ruined.xx

      Delete
  4. This is good top coat to have on hand definitely. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Norelis! It seems to be one of the best I have tried so far.

      Delete
  5. I like this top coat but find it thickens quickly and you can't use it about 3/4 of the way down, regardless of adding thinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame. The same happened with seche so I'm not too surprised.

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les