24 July 2013

Birthday Nail art

Hey all,


My birthday was about 2 weeks ago and these are the nails I made up for the day. I kept it fairly simple as neons are eye-catching enough on their own. I'm not big into birthdays and this year was no exception. None of my friends actually remembered this year. What a lovely bunch they are :P Thank god I have my family around.  I had planned on getting a special nail polish for the day, Sephora by opi 18k topcoat, but unfortunately it was sold out everywhere :( That was a bummer.



I used China Glaze Love's a beach on my index, middle and pinky fingers. 2 coats gave perfect coverage. On my ring finger I did an accent of China Glaze flip flop fantasy, 4 coats. For the dots I used both China Glaze flip flop fantasy and love's a beach as well as China glaze I'm with the lifeguard. I went for the smaller dotting tool as my nails are quite short and I think it looked better. I finished it off with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-dri. I'm still in love with this topcoat! Amazing altogether.


I repeated the same pattern on my right hand so they matched. It was a tiny bit messier but it looked grand from afar. I kept this on for well over a week. Some people commented saying it was the nicest one I have ever done so that was nice :)


 Ye have no idea how hard it was to get this shot on my own. I had to balance the camera on books and cases and set it on a timer. Nightmare :P I also met up with Audrey from The Nail Affair  . She was a proper blogger and actually took a picture of our nails on the day. Give her blog a read when ye get a chance, she has collected some amazing nail polishes of the last while.

Audrey's instagram

Cuti-CLUE-les

34 comments:

  1. Ahh, well, you still get to get birthday wishes :)) (all the best & heaps of lovely polishes!)
    I can relate, not being into (own's) birthdays, really; I'm just in it for the cake :D
    And yes, this mani is sooo cute, with these bright colours! I must agree, tinier dots work better with shorter nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I wish I had cake! It's definitely one of the better aspects (aside from being able to buy more expensive polish to "celebrate"!) Thanks Purple :) x

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear your bday was a bit of a just, good thing there's another next year! Plus your nails looked awesome! Happy belated girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's very true! thanks a million Kelly :) x

      Delete
  3. I really like the colors! Happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely eye-catching! Love the colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very very cute :) I love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry your birthday wasn't the best. Happy belated birthday, love the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails look gorgeous and I love what you've done with the blog, the powder blue is really nice. Happy belated birthday, I didn't have cake either so I say next time you're passing anywhere that sells cupcakes, have a giant one! x Love the mani, your dots are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much! I had to change it again to match the header. It was a nightmare!! Oh yes, there will be cake at some point :P xx

      Delete
  9. what loveley colours we have here <3 awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry your birthday was a bust with your friends - nobody ever remembers mine either! Love thisndotticure though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsey :) Ah sure feck them, I was happy out reading my book anyway :D

      Delete
  11. Too pretty! Can never go wrong with pink and green together. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, love the colour combination! :) Belated birthday wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated birthday wishes! And what a fantastic mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  14. I love this look! And you've got it so even, very jealous of you ability xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday and all the best! :-) This manicure is very bright and cheerful! I love dots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a belated comment here, but in blog format, I still love this mani! It was so cool to see it in person :) Love the blog look, so dreamy :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you :P Hopefully I don't put people to sleep with the content ;) x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les