20 July 2013

Camomile make-up removal collection from The Body Shop

Hey all,

Given the heat we've had lately, it's no surprise that cleansers are being promoted left, right and center. There is nothing better than cleaning your face after a searing hot day and feeling refreshed and clean. I've been trying out the new camomile makeup removal products from the Body shop over the last few weeks and I am seriously impressed!


First up is the Gentle eye make-up remover suitable for all  skin types. This retails for €12.50 for a 250ml bottle.The packaging is gorgeous and really brightens up my desk. This claims to be "soothing and non-oily" while "gently removing make-up from lashes and lids in seconds". Although I was very dubious I have to say this worked incredibly well. I slapped on a heap of mascara, eye-liner and cream eye-shadow and this cut through the lot in seconds. I managed to get it in my eye a few times (I'm fierce clumsy) and it did not sting at all. I have very sensitive eyes so I'm glad this lived up to its claims. It has a pleasant scent but it's very faint. This is also suitable for contact-lens wearers. Loved this!


 The camomile sumptuous cleansing butter  was the item I was most excited about trying. I love balms and butters. Although it may seem pricey at €14.95 for a 90ml tin, a little goes a long way. The second you started rubbing it on it melts into an oil so it covers a larger portion of skin. I've used this around 9 or 10 times already and I've barely made a dent in it. Again the smell is lovely and it cleared off the foundation quite well .I don't use blusher/ bronzer and I keep my foundation very light with just one layer so keep that in mind if you are known to pile it on a bit. Personally, I'd sooner use this as a regular facial cleanser. It left my skin incredibly soft and washing it off with cold water was so refreshing. The cleansing butter is suitable for all skin-types.


Lastly I have the Waterproof eye and lip make-up remover. This is a dual-phase formula that you  shake to activate (Left: Unshaken, Right: Shaken). I tried this on both eyes and lips and again just like the other eye make-up remover it worked brilliantly. Depending on the lipstick formula you use it can spread it about a bit so take it handy when removing your lipstick. On the eyes thought it worked perfectly. It literally took seconds to remove what took 10 minutes to apply (I'm awful slow at applying make-up, I get distracted far too easily)  This is also suitable for sensitive eyes so it doesn't irritate or sting.

Overall this is a great collection. One of the best things about the Body Shop is their dedication to creating good quality products while maintaining their cruelty-free promise. This range will also include a 100% organic cotton Muslin cloth  retailing for €3.90 and a silky cleansing oil retailing for €17.20. The entire range will be available instore from July 25th.

Cuti-CLUE-les

8 comments:

  1. I love the body shop products! these products do sound great! I think I'm going to have to get my hands on eye make up remover :)

    X❤X❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try for sure! They really are great.

      Delete
  2. That eye makeup remover sounds nice! I haven't found one I'm on love with, still on the look. P.S. Love the picture with your books in the background - very cool choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh they are awful hard to come across. Some feel way too greasy :/ Awh thanks! It was the only way I could show the dual phase formula haha. I'm thinking of using that as my new picture background :)

      Delete
  3. Great review! These seem like great products! I really like the sound of the cleansing butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the butter! It's so nice.

      Delete
  4. I have super sensitive skin so it's good to know about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it is not fun :( Mine feels sunburnt if I use the wrong thing so I always have to be careful too.

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les