17 July 2013

Feeling dot, dot, dot

Hey all,

I am still in the polka dot zone. I have finally copped on to the right technique that makes the design actually look like it matches :P


I went with a base of Barry M Berry Ice cream. This was seriously one of my favourite polishes back when I first got in to painting my nails. I still love the colour but I hate the fact that it is a 3 coater. At least it dries fairly quickly. I thought Barry M Blueberry ice-cream would be the perfect polish to dot over the lilac. Seeing as they are from the same collection I'm surprised the formulas are so different. Blueberry ice-cream is opaque in one coat (I always do two but that is handy!) I used the biggest dotting tool for this design.


I topped it off with a coat of Essence Gel look topcoat. I love the way the bigger dots look. It cuts down the time it takes to do the manicure but it still looks pretty good. I wish I included an accent nail but I'll try that out next time.

Cuti-CLUE-les

19 comments:

  1. Sooo gorgeous! You're right about the bigger sized dots, they look brilliant! Great colour-combo too, really can't get enough of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, very summery (and full of ice cream! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Love the polka dots! The colors you used go so nicely together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) I'm glad it worked out

      Delete
  4. These two colors are so gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are pretty but not in your face

      Delete
  5. Lovely mani, love those colors together. Feels fresh and summery. Now I have that "feeling hot hot hot" song stuck in my head. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mwahaha that was my plan all along! :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les