18 July 2013

Holo-block

Hey all,

I mentioned a few posts back about comparing Color Club Cloud nine with a regular silver holographic polish. On its own Cloud nine does not appear to have an incredibly noticeable lilac tinge to it so it can look like a normal pale silver holo. You really see the difference when you compare it with other holographics so I used it in a colour block manicure.


I already had on two coats of Color Club Cloud nine. Amazing formula, no dragging and it dried super quick. I then section of half of each nail and put on a coat of GOSH Holographic (original). I topped it off with a coat of Sally Hansen Ista-dri. It did dull the holographic effect but once the topcoat dried it reappeared so don't let that put you off.


You can definitely tell that Cloud nine has a lilac base now! It really stands out when you pair it with a silver holographic. While I like GOSH holographic, I definitely prefer Cloud nine given the fact the holographic effect is stronger, the formula is better and I like the colour :P It's a bit more lively than just a plain old silver holographic.


Cuti-CLUE-les

18 comments:

  1. Amazing way to wear holo! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these holos are brilliant! I love how you contrasted them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : I'm really happy you like it! I need more holo's now :P

      Delete
  3. Drooling over here! Lol! Holographic polishes are my absolute favorite and gosh and color club have such gorgeous ones. Thanks for the great comparison you're right you really can see the lilac base when you pair it with a true silver. You have such beautiful nails lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks so much Kristine! You are very welcome :)

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ariel! I'd love to try it with other holographic colours

      Delete
  5. Ooh love the way this looks! I don't think I've seen color block using holos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad I was able to think of something relatively new :P I'm always so far behind haha

      Delete
  6. It looks so cool! Honestly the best manicure I've seen in so long! So different and just .. I can't stop looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah go'way you're giving me a big head altogether :P Thanks a million xx

      Delete
  7. Oh wow the holographic effect in cloud nine is incredible, can only imagine what it's like in the sun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is stunning. Even in normal light the effect is so good.

      Delete
  8. I love this look! Such an awesome way to use holos!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les