10 July 2013

Roses are red, bases are Bluebell

Hey all,

Having a bad day so I'm staying up to write this post. I had such a great Monday (met my first blogger in real life and had such a fun day) then Tuesday arrived and thumped my great mood into the ground.


Anyway on to the post. I've been trying out my new stamps to see how well they really work. The rose design was the one I was the most excited to try but it turned out to be a bit disappointing. It doesn't stamp out 100% so I'm missing bits and pieces of the design. The index is pretty much perfect and the ring is fairly close. The rest are fairly atrocious though.


For my base I picked out Nails Inc Bluebell, 2 coats. I actually did not like this at all when I first got it but I am starting to like it. For the stamp I went for Nail the bytch lick or ish bytch. The stamp is from the born pretty plate m65 (which I ended up losing. I also lost the stamper) I topped it off with a coat of the Essence gel look topcoat. I think Bluebell makes a great base for stamping. Definitely would have used Bluebell more often if I hadn't lost half of the fecking kit :(

Cuti-CLUE-les

12 comments:

  1. I hope your Wed is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sorry to hear about your Tuesday. Monday was great for me too, and today was poop...
    Sorry the stamp didn't work out as well! It looked it would have been such a promising design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so excited for this one. It's such a shame they can't make them all the same

      Delete
  3. Aw sorry to hear you've been a bit down, hope today is a better day x I had bluebell too but I sold it on eBay, it looks really nice with sparkles over it as well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's true, I may put Essence Hello holo over it. x

      Delete
  4. Aww, so sorry to hear you're having such lousy times :( Feel better soon!*

    About the mani, have you used this same polish for stamping before? Did it, err, work? Because not all are all that great for stamping (as you probably already know of course). Dunno. Hope it's not the plate's fault, 'cuz the design really looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) x

      yeh it's a fairly good polish for stamping so I think it is the stamps fault :( I'm going to try it with a different, thicker polish when I find the stamp again just to be 100% sure.

      Delete
  5. Love the color combination! This is one of my favourite images. Let's hope they will give you a plate that works, if you find yours and that's the problem. Sorry to hear about your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lani! I'm glad I didn't pay full price for the plate if it is just badly etched.

      Delete
  6. Shame about the stamping! Here's hoping your Wednesday went much better!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les