19 July 2013

Super Mario Toad nail art Tutorial

Hey all,

I thought I'd end the week with a little tutorial. I'm going to try and get a new tutorial up each month so let me know in the comments if there is something you'd like to see in particular. This month I decided to go with Super Mario's Toad because he is a little dote and I love his face. This is really easy to do!


Start off with a nude base so his face has some colour. I went with Essence Cookies and Cream, 2 coats.


Then for the outline of Toads face draw a kidney bean shape around your cuticle (for his hat). Then draw two lines straight down for his head.


Next you have to fill in his mushroom hat. Draw three half circles on the left, right and in the centre. It doesn't have to be perfect because we'll be filling them in with a bright red in a minute.


Using nail the bytch lick or ish bytch (bright red) I used filled in the half circles with a dotting tool. As you can see it's fairly messy but don't worry about that just yet.


Next you fill in the rest of his hat with white paint. At this point you can fix up the half circles to make them look a bit neater. Then you have to give him eyes (so he can see) and a mouth (so he can breath) I used a dotting tool for the eyes. For the mouth I did a little moon to make it look like he was smiling.


Then using the black paint you go over the outline to  make him stand out a little bit more.


I went ahead and filled in the extra space with black polish but you can do pretty much any colour now that his face has a noticeable outline.


For the rest of my nails I used his clothes as inspiration and kept on with the polka dot theme.  First I dotted the blue using a medium sized dotting tool (you can pick whichever size you prefer) and Essence Grumpy.



Then using the same dotting tool I followed on with 2 rows of yellow dots using NYC Lexington yellow.


 Top it off with a coat of your favourite topcoat (I went for Essence Gel look topcoat as it is super glossy) and that is the manicure all done and dusted! Fairly straightforward right?


I took these pictures a few weeks back so ignore the shorter nails and crappy skin. I started using a new handcream after this and it has really helped. So that's it for tutorials this month!


 Cuti-CLUE-les

14 comments:

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les